Visa 101 vs Visa 802?

Indianinoz

Me and my wife are permanent residents and stuck overseas. We are expecting a baby in the next few days. As we are not citizens, child will not get Australian Citizenship or even PR automatically. We intend to fly back to Australia within 4-6 months after birth of the baby.

We have to choose between Visa 101(apply offshore i.e. from overseas) and Visa 802(apply onshore from Australia). If we choose Visa 802, we need to obtain visitor visa for the baby first and then apply Visa 802 from Australia. If we choose Visa 101, and if it is not processed within 3-4 months, then we need to obtain visa to fly to Australia. I would prefer to apply for Visa 101 right away. Though processing time for Visa 802 is shorter, Visa 101 will be applied about 6 months earlier than Visa 802. So it probably evens out.

Which is a better option and why?

Note: We travelled overseas due to a family emergency. Then I underwent 2 wrist surgeries. Then my wife got pregnant. We still tried to fly back twice but our flights got cancelled due to COVID both times. Then my wife's mom died. So considering these circumstances, we are planning to apply for priority processing with the Minister of Immigration for Visa 101, if we apply Visa 101 and not Visa 802. Whether you think priority processing will be successful?

• 2 weeks later...