QLD Sponsored Visa (Mgmt Consultant)

Andrew1980

Hello all

I recently secured a sponsored visa with a mgmt consultancy in their Brisbane office however the skillset (ANZSCO 224711) is not on the open QLD skills list just now.

My question is will I need to wait until mgmt consultant is added to the list for the visa to be granted or is there a 'fast track' route considering it will be sponsored by an established firm (big 4) regardless if the skill is on the QLD list or not?

Thanks in adv

Andrew

3 hours ago, Andrew1980 said:

OK thanks.  So is the employer sponsorship also driven by the open skills list for the state or can an employers sponsored visa be granted regardless of the states listed preferred skills?

Not sure, but be aware that the visa process has to be driven by the employer not you. Their HR dept are the ones who should be looking into this

4 hours ago, Andrew1980 said:

OK thanks.  So is the employer sponsorship also driven by the open skills list for the state or can an employers sponsored visa be granted regardless of the states listed preferred skills?

If the big 4, lawyers, consultancies or banks want to hire an overseas national, it will be done. 

You have nothing to worry about.

10 hours ago, DIG85 said:

If the big 4, lawyers, consultancies or banks want to hire an overseas national, it will be done. 

You have nothing to worry about.

Totally agree, I work for one of them (now and before coming over to Australia) although I did it the harder way of applying for a PR visa independently as I didn't want to be tied to an employer if it wasn't what I wanted it to be.

We process hundreds of these types of sponsor visas each year and so if your big 4 is like mine, they will know exactly what they are doing...

Strike up a good rapport with the team processing it for you and they will keep you in the loop.