Police Check - No Live Trace

pom2412

Hello,

I am in the process of applying for my Partner visa for Australia (309). I have recently done my ACRO police check which has come back with 'No Live Trace'. I would like to understand how this would impact my visa application. 

The reason for the no live trace is that when I was 17, I was arrested and given a reprimand for 'sexual assault'.
What happened was that I was with my gf at the time (who was 15) , and we were making out/fondling with each other in a public area. 

At the time we thought we were being discreet....anyways,someone must have called the police as they turned up and arrested me. I was given a reprimand and released a couple of hours later. 

I requested a subject access request (SAR) and the notes say: sexual assualt - intentionally touch female - no penetration

I am worried about whether this will impact my visa application. I'm guessing that I will need to upload my subject access request and add a separate word doc with a brief explanation of what happened? I've never been in any trouble apart from this one incident so I'm hoping it won't affect my application? Annoyingly, if she had been a couple of months older I don't think it would have been noted as sexual assault as age of consent is 16 in the UK. 
Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks

why would you put something like this on a public forum 😩

Get some professional advice about whether you need to declare it or not. Being arrested isn't a crime but certain convictions need to be declared some don't.

I certainly wouldn't be wanting to put 'sexual assault' on the form unless you are required to.

I can't believe what you wrote in the last sentence ☹️

23 hours ago, pom2412 said:

Thanks for the reply. 

I think it just sounds worse than what it was - we were both in a mutual loving relationship at the time and the age gap between us was only like 1.5 years (don't remember exactly as this was 14 yrs ago!).My point was that if that had happened just a few months later then we both probably would have got in trouble for public indecency or something - which looks far less worse for my visa application. 

I dont want to put this on my form , but I believe the case officer would request why there is a 'no live trace' (as opposed to no trace). So I assume I will have to just be upfront about it when I apply. 

I guess I just wanted some opinion on how likely this is to impact my visa application. I've seen other people comment that usually they are more interested in offences where people have spent 12 months in prison. Seeing as I was just given a reprimand/caution and have never been in trouble otherwise, I am hoping they can overlook this? Agree I should probably get some advice -  Im guessing they would probably just tell me to declare what happened.. 

Thanks

6 minutes ago, pom2412 said:
23 hours ago, pom2412 said:

Thanks for the reply. 

I think it just sounds worse than what it was - we were both in a mutual loving relationship at the time and the age gap between us was only like 1.5 years (don't remember exactly as this was 14 yrs ago!).My point was that if that had happened just a few months later then we both probably would have got in trouble for public indecency or something - which looks far less worse for my visa application. 

I dont want to put this on my form , but I believe the case officer would request why there is a 'no live trace' (as opposed to no trace). So I assume I will have to just be upfront about it when I apply. 

I guess I just wanted some opinion on how likely this is to impact my visa application. I've seen other people comment that usually they are more interested in offences where people have spent 12 months in prison. Seeing as I was just given a reprimand/caution and have never been in trouble otherwise, I am hoping they can overlook this? Agree I should probably get some advice -  Im guessing they would probably just tell me to declare what happened.. 

Thanks

It would be a very good idea to contact a professional. Paul above is a highly regarded agent on these forms.  

• Like 1