Visas for recent graduates

Wannabe Aussie

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone knows if there is a visa option for recent graduates to gain work experience in Australia?

I know there is a pathway for graduates who have studied in Australia but I was wondering if there is any work experience visas that allow recent graduates from another country to go to Australia and work temporarily?

I'm 30 years old and due to graduate with a masters in computer science in September however I will be close to turning 31 then and not sure if I'll be able to apply for my second working holiday visa in time. 

I completed all the farm work necessary on my first working holiday visa a few years ago but wasn't able to able to apply for my second visa and then covid kicked off and everything just got put on hold.

Any advice would be appreciated. 😊

Thanks

9 hours ago, Wannabe Aussie said:

I'm 30 years old and due to graduate with a masters in computer science in September however I will be close to turning 31 then and not sure if I'll be able to apply for my second working holiday visa in time.

Age is a time of application criterion. Additionally, once granted you will still have a year to enter Australia … so you shouldn’t have any issues if you meet the other eligibility requirements. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, paulhand said:

Age is a time of application criterion. Additionally, once granted you will still have a year to enter Australia … so you shouldn’t have any issues if you meet the other eligibility requirements. 

So what you're saying is, the OP should apply while they are still under the age limit, even if they're not quite finished their studies?

3 hours ago, paulhand said:

1 hour ago, paulhand said:

Exactly ... 

My daughter applied for the WHV just under the age limit, while here on her year, she was well qualified so was employed on a 457 visa then partner visa and still here 10 years later, married and a citizen. I don’t know if that’s possible nowadays as I don’t know how the new visa works.

Edited by ramot