Danish Saleem

Waiting for approval

Hi ,

I have given my citizenship test last month 11th March and still waiting for approval , I see most of the people get approval on the same day or within a week , is this normal for approval to take that long ?

Some people get it the same day but some wait for weeks, even months. Usually something to do with the security checks, but who knows …….wonder what the excuse will be after COVID….

So many wineries ......so little time :yes:

On 06/04/2022 at 08:50, rammygirl said:

Some people get it the same day but some wait for weeks, even months. Usually something to do with the security checks, but who knows …….wonder what the excuse will be after COVID….

What's the maximum time you heard? my employer did my security check for employment and it comes back in an hour, so I am wondering why it is taking so long.

On 06/05/2022 at 12:33, Danish Saleem said:

What's the maximum time you heard? my employer did my security check for employment and it comes back in an hour, so I am wondering why it is taking so long.

did you submit your overseas police check?  Or you might have changed your name before?

those factors may make your waiting time pretty variable.

Posted (edited)

My spouse and I did ours this morning. She got her approval within 30 mins of her test...

I believe it depends very much on who interviews you as it's up to them to submit the checks at their leisure.

Edited by DukeNinja
Additional info.

IELTS : 13/08/16: W8 S8 L9 R9. Skills Ax sent/Rcvd/granted: 30/08/16, 12/09/16, 10/10/16. AHPRA sent/AIP : 05/09/16, 28/12/16. EoI/invited: 20/1/17, 01/02/17. 189 submitted: 06/02/17, Caseworker: 23/02/17. Medicals: 31/03/17. Grant: 12/04/17. Child 101 submitted: 09/06/17. Granted: 06/07/17. Landed: 01/09/17.

1 hour ago, EricT said:

did you submit your overseas police check?  Or you might have changed your name before?

those factors may make your waiting time pretty variable.

No change of name and no police clearance asked I did have a lots of travelling before and after getting PR that seems to me a only reason unless they investigating something that I am not aware of.