309 - Done, 100 - Todo. Police Check Question

psuwara

Hi guys,

Wife and I have done the 309 VISA, and in a couple of months we're going to be uploading our docs for the 100 VISA. We have bought an off the plan house and had a baby here in Melbourne, so I don't doubt things will go ok.

My question is about the 100 VISA police check.

Do we need to do another police check from her country for the 100? We arrived in July last year during the pandemic. I have requested police checks for me and her just for the sake of it from the AFP. But I already supplied my (Sponsor) police checks from Russia and in Australia for the 309 VISA. Do I need to do it again for the 100 VISA?

Many thanks.

People’s mileage varies. It will depend on where you have been since the 309 was granted, when the police checks for the original application were done and the mood of the delegate considering the application. The AFP checks are not ‘for the sake of it’ if you are now living in Australia. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks @paulhand. In regards, "for the sake of it", I mean that I assume it will be needed, so did it in anticipation of such.

Regarding the overseas police check. We haven't been anywhere, only Russia and in July Australia. 

Getting a Russian police check is a lengthy and difficult process if you are not in the country. 

Given that I did the police check then six months later arrived in Australia, I am assuming it highly unlikely we will need to do the check.

Again, the request for the police check was only for me, the sponsor, for the 309. My wife didn't need a police check.

Edited by psuwara

• 1 month later...
On 23/03/2022 at 09:00, rammygirl said:

Surely she must have provided a Russian police check with the original application?  

Yes she did. Both of us did. I only meant that I had a "Request for More Information" for a Russian police check.

I think they are valid for quite a while. So hopefully they don't ask us again for the Russian ones given the situation at the moment.

Edited by psuwara