Receive ceremony invitation while overseas

Gadget22

Hi everyone

Has anyone been overseas when they received the citizenship ceremony invitation? (I’m happy to come back to Australia for the ceremony I just need to be sure they’ll still invite me if they know I’m abroad).

I was approved on 12 March (this week) but was thinking of doing a 3-6 month trip abroad soon and potentially move overseas for awhile. I want to be sure I’ll still receive the invitation because I’m happy to travel back to Australia for the ceremony (and to apply for passport). 

I just want to be sure they don’t put me on a list that freezes my ceremony invitation if they see that I’m out of the country or if I tell them I’ll be away for up to 6 months or more. 

I’m in city of Sydney and their website says it will be an email invitation so I shouldn’t have to worry about mailing address, however my wife will be in Australia and/or we can forward our mail to other family in Australia if needed just in case. 

24 minutes ago, tungly said:

If you are outside of Australia, you will not receive an invitation for ceremony.

Your application will be on hold until you come back to Australia.

I'm not sure how it works but friend of mine did receive an invitation while he was overseas. As far as I know only invitation for test/interview couldn't be made if person is not in the country. 

Thanks everyone I actually received a response from home affairs that said I will still be able to receive an invitation to ceremony while overseas. To be clear I have already passed the test and been approved, it is only the ceremony invitation I am waiting on.