Presents to take back to UK

DrDougster

On 17/03/2022 at 21:36, Ausvisitor said:

I honestly can't see the difference between timtams and penguins, if pushed I'd say penguins are marginally better.

Similarly marmite spanks vegemite's butt every day 

Timtams are available in dark chocolate. As far as I'm aware penguins aren't. Not a fan of milk chocolate so Timtams win for me.

7 hours ago, DrDougster said:

Well, my passport arrived!

We've got some TimTams, Brisbane Heat caps, the predictable Roxy bikinis and RipCurl swimmers. I think a couple of 100 Paracetamol and 96 'brufen packs and some Aussie chocolates would be good.

Really don't want to go. Going to be a lot of hard work.

Don’t know when you’re coming or where exactly but I hope you get some of the beautiful weather we’ve been having in Yorkshire this past week.  Cloudless blue sky and sun, daffodils and hyacinths in full bloom with bluebells just ready to burst forth!  Lots of white skin exposed by the locals….

• 4 weeks later...
On 17/03/2022 at 17:48, DrDougster said:

So I've got a bottle of Green Ant Gin

🙂

I remember people eating green ants off the tree in Townsville

I have never heard of that gin - sounds interesting

Outstations Aboriginal, have some gorgeous bags, umbrellas and silk scarfs, that would make a unique gift.

And the coaster sets from Baribunma Aboriginal are beautiful.

Otherwise, you could go for a tacky Kangaroo Balls Bottle Opener or even tackier Cane Toad paperweight.

Whatever you take, make sure it is Made in Australia (and not an Aussie souvenir, that was Made in China)