Hi All ( Ay up duck)

just wondering if there’s any Potters, Stokies (Stoke on Trent ) living in or around Port Macquarie NSW 

Ta Daz

Grew up there, since lived almost everywhere. I'm further south in Sydney though.

Daz. Worked in Castle at the hippodrome (Zanzibar) for many years. Now in Sydney. Miss an oatcake 

On 18/05/2022 at 20:42, sualg said:

Daz. Worked in Castle at the hippodrome (Zanzibar) for many years. Now in Sydney. Miss an oatcake 

I’ve a foolproof recipe for them , I’ll send it over 

14B51CE4-F608-4A9B-90D6-915C3F775E47.jpeg

225g fine oatmeal, 225g wholewheat plain flour, 1 1/2 tsp salt (to taste), 15g dried yeast, 1tsp sugar, 450 ml warm milk, 450 ml warm water.  

PUT THE YEAST INTO A CEREAL BOWL WITH THE SUGAR.  ADD A BIT OF THE WARM MILK AND WARM WATER TO THE YEAST AND SUGAR. MIX IT TOGETHER THEN LET IT ACTIVATE. SHOULD LOOK LIKE THE HEAD ON A PINT OF BEER WHEN READY. COMBINE THE OTHER DRIED INGREDIENTS IN A BIGGER MIXING BOWL.  ADD THE YEAST TO THIIS - MIX ALL TOGETHER INTO A BATTER THEN COVER WITH A TEA TOWEL AND SET ASIDE FOR AN HOUR........
WHEN THE HOUR IS UP YOU WILL NEED TO ADD MORE WATER TO THE BATTER . DO NOT ADD ANY MORE THAN 700ML!!!! 
USE A FRYING PAN TO COOK THE OATCAKES - USE THE CANOLA OIL IN A SPRAY CAN TO GREASE THE PAN ( WHICH SHOULD BE HOT) . WHEN THE PAN/ OIL IS HOT ENOUGH, LADEL YOUR BATTER INTO THE PAN ( 1 LADEL FULL IS JUST RIGHT) LET THIS COOK FOR ABOUT 2 MINUTES UNTIL THE TOP IS BUBBLY AND 'DRY' THEN FLIP OVER USING A SPATULA  AND COOK THE OTHER SIDE FOR ONE MINUTE. TURN OUT ONTO A COOLING RACK.  YOUR FIRST FEW WILL BE CRAP COS MINE ALWAYS ARE......! STICK WITH IT YOU WILL GET SOME DECENT ONES AFTER YOUR FIRST FEW. YOU DONT NEED A MASTERCLASS ITS JUST LIKE FRYING AN EGG! LOL!  GOOD LUCK!! YOUR MIX WILL MAKE ABOUT ONE AND A HALF DOZEN
FOLLOW THIS TO THE LETTER.....IT REALLY WORKS
DAZ XX