Form 80 - had any outstanding debts to the Australian Government or any public authority in Australia?

Venky

Form 80 - had any outstanding debts to the Australian Government or any public authority in Australia?.

I have answered to this question "NO", but it is worrying me because of no clarity about what I thought for this question before answering if that could be wrong. Please clarify me.

According to the question, does it mean the debts outstanding to the government could be ATO (govt tax agency)- I have no debts, everything paid before lodgement.

Are banks like nab, Westpac does it also comes under government- I have outstanding amount to pay.

Could anyone answer me "to whom we shouldn't fall in debt to government or public bodies before visa lodgement?" Who are those institutions comes under this?.

Thank you so much if anyone could answer this please. It helps me a lot.

4 hours ago, Venky said:

Form 80 - had any outstanding debts to the Australian Government or any public authority in Australia?.

I have answered to this question "NO", but it is worrying me because of no clarity about what I thought for this question before answering if that could be wrong. Please clarify me.

According to the question, does it mean the debts outstanding to the government could be ATO (govt tax agency)- I have no debts, everything paid before lodgement.

Are banks like nab, Westpac does it also comes under government- I have outstanding amount to pay.

Could anyone answer me "to whom we shouldn't fall in debt to government or public bodies before visa lodgement?" Who are those institutions comes under this?.

Thank you so much if anyone could answer this please. It helps me a lot.

It is nothing to do with banks. Its debt to the government - unpaid fines, tax bills, HECS, repayment of centrelink etc

• Like 1