Unable to attend my virtual citizenship ceremony

laur.a84@hotmail.it

Hello Everyone,

I’ve been calling for my Virtual Citizenship Ceremony, however they told that I cannot attend if I am overseas even when before leave Australia I called them 3 times to making sure it was possible and apparently it was! Anyway, I was waiting for almost an year from my approva date, now my question is.. I will returning to Australia in September 2022, do you think that they could cancel my approval so I have to do another application? I am very worried. 

Thanks in advance 

Laura 

• 2 weeks later...

For something as important as this, why not fly over and attend.  Even if it is a fly in fly out within days trip,  surely it would be worth it.  I can’t see any other option.  If you want it then you will need to make it happen.  

Because cost me too much money. I was waiting for an year almost, and the Home Affairs told me that I could do it! That’s  why I left. Otherwise I wouldn’t do that. And I called them the other day also to tell them the story and they insisted that I could do it overseas coz is online! They don’t even know how to do their job!

1 hour ago, laur.a84@hotmail.it said:

Because cost me too much money. I was waiting for an year almost, and the Home Affairs told me that I could do it! That’s  why I left. Otherwise I wouldn’t do that. And I called them the other day also to tell them the story and they insisted that I could do it overseas coz is online! They don’t even know how to do their job!

You may be right in that they don’t know how to do their job but there’s little point in dwelling over that as it won’t secure your citizenship.  I’d park the anger over being told something wrong and concentrate on how to get the problem fixed.  By all means lodge a complaint about your calls but it’s not going to change anything.  If you can’t get back I’ve no idea what you can do.  If you can find a way to pay for a flight then your problem is solved.  Good luck. 

Edited by Tulip1