At what point do you give up?

8 hours ago, Sparkybaz said:

Have faith, we also submitted our EOI in March 2020 and received our invitation for a 190 in March 2022. Unfortunately when our agent went to submit the documentation the link did not work and now the 14 days has expired ....

You sound remarkably calm.  I'd be screaming at my agent and demanding he does something about it, or you'll complain to MARA.  

On 20/03/2022 at 21:57, Marisawright said:

You sound remarkably calm.  I'd be screaming at my agent and demanding he does something about it, or you'll complain to MARA.  

I didn’t want to be too hard as it’s partly not her fault but also feel that it’s unfair on myself as we had rightly been issued a nomination to apply but the link did not work.

maybe I should apply some pressure? 

14 minutes ago, Sparkybaz said:

I didn’t want to be too hard as it’s partly not her fault but also feel that it’s unfair on myself as we had rightly been issued a nomination to apply but the link did not work.

maybe I should apply some pressure? 

It's not her fault the link didn't work, but doesn't she have a phone? or email?  When the link didn't work, what steps did she take to get hold of the correct link?  How many times did she try?

It was your future at stake.  You're entitled to expect she would've made strenuous efforts to get the right link.

On 23/03/2022 at 09:40, Marisawright said:

It's not her fault the link didn't work, but doesn't she have a phone? or email?  When the link didn't work, what steps did she take to get hold of the correct link?  How many times did she try?

It was your future at stake.  You're entitled to expect she would've made strenuous efforts to get the right link.

Feedback from agent - contacted NSW and they are unable to reissue a link,  due to the existing EOI expiring this week a new EOI has been submitted. Fingers crossed for an invitation on the next round!

after all this time we finally get an invitation and boom the link does not work, typical! 

2 hours ago, Sparkybaz said:

Feedback from agent - contacted NSW and they are unable to reissue a link,  due to the existing EOI expiring this week a new EOI has been submitted. Fingers crossed for an invitation on the next round!

after all this time we finally get an invitation and boom the link does not work, typical! 

I'm sorry to project my own anger, I feel for you - file a complaint, keep trying. If not... yes, a new EOI but I feel like if you reach an adult in the room, someone could help!

Edited by LearnInOz

1 hour ago, LearnInOz said:

I'm sorry to project my own anger, I feel for you - file a complaint, keep trying. If not... yes, a new EOI but I feel like if you reach an adult in the room, someone could help!

Yes, I'm furious on her behalf too.  As Ausvisitor pointed out, if the agent hadn't left it till the last minute, they would've had time to get a new link before the EOI expired - so it's still the agent's fault. 

Personally, I'd be writing a letter asking the agent to document what happened in writing, including a timeline showing what efforts they made to address the problem and when. I know it's too late to fix it now, but I think having evidence is good in case there's another stuff-up.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Sparkybaz said:

Who is the agent?

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/03/2022 at 21:57, LearnInOz said:

Who would I complain too, the agent? Surely there must be a way of me contacting immigration to find out the real issue regarding the link. Was there an issue with the link or did the link actually expire… 

just feel we have missed the boat now until the new Finacial year! Annoyed is an understatement. 

1 hour ago, Sparkybaz said:

Who would I complain too, the agent? Surely there must be a way of me contacting immigration to find out the real issue regarding the link. Was there an issue with the link or did the link actually expire… 

just feel we have missed the boat now until the new Finacial year! Annoyed is an understatement. 

MARA

On 13/03/2022 at 07:02, AltyMatt said:

So true. Most unskilled, low paying jobs appear to be filled by migrants, and you have to wonder what happened to their Aussie dream.

My reply would be perhaps their dream was different?  They often from developing world countries, but far from entirely, are that they will sacrifice themselves in a manner of speaking, in a slave job, all in the hope that children will benefit. 

At least they will be getting Medicare and a pension, if they remain, along with various government benefits. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Let's brace ourselves for a slow month of May and June as we approach the elections and the remaining quota is filled. If we don't see 'back-to-normal' movement between July '22 and July '23, something's wrong, right? I've been reading Buddhism books to cope and staying as busy as possible. 😆