July 2022 - UK / AUD trade - second & third year working visa?

engels

Hi all!

First of all I appreciate if anyone has any knowledge / advice on this but understand it might be a bit early to know the in's & out's just yet.

I have already been to Australia on my first working holiday visa, but I did not do the farm work and came home after 1 year. I have recently seen we have signed an easier trade deal so that it makes it a bit easier for young people to work there. e.g. 3 years working holiday visa without the previous visa requirements.

Does anyone know if I would be able to apply for a second holiday visa without needing proof of farm work etc as a necessity - if that is being lifted?

I'd appreciate any insight if anyone has explored this already! Thank you very much.
Kind regards
Emma

6 hours ago, engels said:

I have already been to Australia on my first working holiday visa, but I did not do the farm work and came home after 1 year. I have recently seen we have signed an easier trade deal....

Does anyone know if I would be able to apply for a second holiday visa without needing proof of farm work etc as a necessity - if that is being lifted?

To be honest, I would expect it to apply just to new applicants, not people who did a WHV a few years ago.  But there's no way to know.

6 hours ago, engels said:

Hi all!

First of all I appreciate if anyone has any knowledge / advice on this but understand it might be a bit early to know the in's & out's just yet.

I have already been to Australia on my first working holiday visa, but I did not do the farm work and came home after 1 year. I have recently seen we have signed an easier trade deal so that it makes it a bit easier for young people to work there. e.g. 3 years working holiday visa without the previous visa requirements.

I'd appreciate any insight if anyone has explored this already! Thank you very much.
Kind regards
Emma

I would suspect this only applies to new applications or people currently still with a working visa that is valid.

I can't see them turning round and saying, ok Emma you didn't want to follow the procedure to get a 2nd year when you had the chance so go on have this on us instead.

• Like 1