This week is the best time in 2022 to transfer money back to the UK

The past 24 hours have seen the Australian Dollar strengthen against the Pound to reach the high of 2022 so far, so if you are considering transferring any funds back to the UK now could be a good time for you.

A combination of the Royal Bank of Australia hinting at potential interest rate hikes and the escalating tensions in the Ukraine are two of the major causes for the AUD gaining momentum.

Poms in Oz have partnered with multi-award winning Australian based (but founded by two Poms), Send Payments to provide our members with a cost-effective method to transfer funds securely from Australia to the UK.

Receive a free exchange rate quote 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ian from SendPayments.com said:

Sure seems to be that way, this week we have seen the best time in over 12 months to transfer funds home to the UK from Australia

Just at the time I'd like to do the other. I could have predicted this exchange rate movement based on the only guaranteed constant in life - "sod's law"...

Oh well, have to wait before buying the house...

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
  • 9 months later...
28 minutes ago, Ausvisitor said:

Maybe we ought to change the title of this thread as it certainly isn't a good week to transfer money back to the UK right now at basically 2 dollars per pound

(It is a phenomenal time to go the other way though)

It was $3 to the pound when we came in 2003,  not complaining about today’s rate though.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, InnerVoice said:

I've been following the exchange rate for a while and wondering if it's worth selling some investments in the UK, putting it on deposit over here, and then doing the opposite when the exchange rate falls. It seems like we may have hit a glass ceiling at the £1/$2 mark though.

image.thumb.png.aa5891751feedc26f5284e8a1de2f832.png

Despite the current dip forecasters are still looking at the rate to exceed $2 in September. Longer term the forecasters expect it to exceed $2 throughout 2024 and beyond. Of course that far ahead their guess is as good as yours.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ken said:

Despite the current dip forecasters are still looking at the rate to exceed $2 in September. Longer term the forecasters expect it to exceed $2 throughout 2024 and beyond. Of course that far ahead their guess is as good as yours.

@Ken I can't remember where I read it but the forecast was $2 to $2.10 by mid-2024. I gather that UK interest rates are the main driver and if they continue to remain high it will result in a stronger pound, although don't ask me to explain why.  

5 hours ago, Ken said:

Maybe all those remoaners were wrong and Brexit Britain is starting to look on the up. A strong pound is a sign of a strong country. Australia is looking a bit on the weak side.