Help with visa type

Adam89harris

Hi

Married couple 2 children under 5 looking to emigrate to Australia desired destination are Perth, Melbourne and Brisbane. Myself has degree in child and youth studies currently working youth charity based around employability. My partner is in the telecoms industry has various higher national certificate. Wondering if anyone could help with point us in the right direction for the best visa to apply for.

Also, is it worth doing the application by yourself or paying an emigration officer to do it. 

Many thanks

Adam and Elaine 

9 hours ago, Adam89harris said:

Hi

Married couple 2 children under 5 looking to emigrate to Australia desired destination are Perth, Melbourne and Brisbane. Myself has degree in child and youth studies currently working youth charity based around employability. My partner is in the telecoms industry has various higher national certificate. Wondering if anyone could help with point us in the right direction for the best visa to apply for.

Also, is it worth doing the application by yourself or paying an emigration officer to do it. 

Many thanks

Adam and Elaine 

You can't pay an emigration/immigration officer to do it, they are the people who decide whether to offer you a visa or not. You can pay a MARA agent to help you out though.

Which visa will depend on a huge number of factors but mainly

1) is this a short term adventure or perm?

2) does your quals/experience match what AUS wants for your career

3) is your role on the list of wanted jobs, if not unless you have an AUS close relative you won't be getting in (child and youth social work generally is though, but your partner may struggle in communications without a degree)

Best to have a quick chat with an agent (possibly free or low cost, but as the whole cost for doing this runs to tens of thousands, a hundred quid for a thirty minute conversation is nothing) they can give you a clear view as to whether you stand a chance. A good agent doesn't want to waste their time applying when you won't get in. 

• Like 2

From the Code of Conduct: 

If an application under the Migration Act or the Migration Regulations is vexatious or grossly unfounded (for example, an application that has no hope of success) a registered migration agent: (a) must not encourage the client to lodge the application; and (b) must advise the client in writing that, in the agent’s opinion, the application is vexatious or grossly unfounded; and (c) if the client still wishes to lodge the application — must obtain written acknowledgment from the client of the advice given under paragraph (b).

This Code of Conduct does not apply to lawyers, unregistered agents and various others. 

• Like 1

So we know it's a 190 state sponsor visa and its in the area we want. We are in the process of getting everything for the skills assessment together I. E.  English test IELTS. 

Also found out my wife needs a new passport. 

I have read up on how valuable mara agents are but is it nieve to think we can do this ourselfs? I would say we are driven and switched on with being organised... 

Any help welcomed, 

Adz & laney

1 hour ago, Adam89harris said:

So we know it's a 190 state sponsor visa and its in the area we want. We are in the process of getting everything for the skills assessment together I. E.  English test IELTS. 

I have read up on how valuable mara agents are but is it nieve to think we can do this ourselfs? I would say we are driven and switched on with being organised... 

TBH I wouldn't advise doing it yourself.   The problem is not that it's too complicated (although it is too complicated for some people!).  The problem is that it's such a changing landscape and Immigration isn't good at disseminating information promptly.  MARA registered agents get  briefings from Immigration so they know when rules or requirements change, but meanwhile the DIY applicant has no idea and is carrying on in blissful ignorance.  

If you want to save a bit of money, you can DIY, then just pay an agent to look over  your completed applcation.  

12 hours ago, Adam89harris said:

Also found out my wife needs a new passport. 

Any help welcomed, 

Adz & laney

Hiya

I did it without using an agent, Me,Wife and 2 kids at the time.

It's upto you I suppose which way you do it, if your case is pretty straight forward then you shouldn't have any issues.

What I did do first though was pay an agent to look over my case, I think $100 at the time just to confirm what I believed I already knew.

Again it's upto you but I didn't find the process hard judt time consuming, but I managed to do alot at work.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lavers said:

Hiya

I did it without using an agent, Me,Wife and 2 kids at the time.

It's upto you I suppose which way you do it, if your case is pretty straight forward then you shouldn't have any issues.

What I did do first though was pay an agent to look over my case, I think $100 at the time just to confirm what I believed I already knew.

Again it's upto you but I didn't find the process hard judt time consuming, but I managed to do alot at work.

I'd agree with Lavers, for the majority of cases the process isn't hard, it's just arduous and a lot of work.

I could have done ours myself, but the cost was far less than what I could make just by working those hours I would have spent doing the visa paperwork, so I outsourced the visa to an agent and went to work instead.

If you've got health issues, criminal record etc type complications then in those circumstances I'd suggest you really do need an agent, for the others it really comes down to how confident you feel and how much time you have (and of course if you are happy not having the security that if it changes halfway through your agent will know and adjust accordingly)

• Like 1