Visa granted planning travel

saucer67

Hi just trying to understand the rules around testing and isolation. Im fully vaccinated and wanting to book flights to Brisbane. However many go through Sydney as a layover for example one is a 17 hour layover in Sydney then I would travel to Brisbane. I'm wondering do I need to do a PCR in Sydney in order to fly to Brisbane or only need to get a PCR in Brisbane. I'm confused. 

Also the PCR test needed before flying where can I get a test 3 days before flying, I live in England?

3 hours ago, saucer67 said:

Hi just trying to understand the rules around testing and isolation. Im fully vaccinated and wanting to book flights to Brisbane. However many go through Sydney as a layover for example one is a 17 hour layover in Sydney then I would travel to Brisbane. I'm wondering do I need to do a PCR in Sydney in order to fly to Brisbane or only need to get a PCR in Brisbane. I'm confused. 

Also the PCR test needed before flying where can I get a test 3 days before flying, I live in England?

So if you leave the airport you then are working under domestic rules, and so you'd need to Google what the transit rules are in place between Sydney and Brisbane. You'd also need to comply with Sydney Lateral Flow Test requirement in order to be able to get back to the airport.

If you never left the airport airside (which would be dull and probably not allowed) you would not need a new test as you haven't left the "sterile zone"

Word of warning - bring your own lateral tests, they are very expensive here (14 dollars each) and the UK ones are the same so get a pack of NHS tests in your luggage

10 hours ago, saucer67 said:

Many more airlines are now starting to fly direct into Brisbane. If you are flying after the 21st then I would wait to book it, as there will be more direct flights, and more domestic ones as well, 17 hours to wait for an SYD-BNE connection is just crazy, you should be able to just transit Sydney without needing a test at all, with only a 2-3 hour wait. If you aren't in a rush to book I'd wait a week or so till more flights become available. 

50 minutes ago, wrussell said:

If you use a reputable travel agent you get what you pay for. 

If you book online you pay for what you get. Try getting a refund!

Having seen how the UK agents behaved during the pandemic (some taking 12+ months to refund despite airlines having refunded them in many cases) I won't use them ever again.

Getting a refund on a DIY air booking is easy, book with AMEX, if the flight is cancelled or dramatically changed in anyway and the airline refuses to refund, call AMEX they issue a returned credit in 48 hours, they then chase the airline - only if it turns out that you were not entitled to the refund do the ask for the money back