Statutory Decleration

Chris Pearson

Hi all,

My migration agent recently lodged my 482 medium term visa application for myself and my family.

My ACRO police check came back with no live trace however I know of two minor offences that occurred 10+ years ago which didn't show on my police check. My migration agent advised me to write a statement explaining them and immigration have asked me to submit a statutory declaration (I'm assuming it's because there's no evidence of me committing the offences).

I have completed this and had it witnessed by a Notary Public in the UK which my migration agent reviewed and approved before hand. 

Any advice on the process after this and timeframe as to when I will hear back with a decision if my visa will be granted?

Note: the offences were possession of cannabis and producing an insurance document with intent to deceive ( the certificate was water damaged)

Thanks in advance

Chris 

51 minutes ago, Chris Pearson said:

Hi all,

My migration agent recently lodged my 482 medium term visa application for myself and my family.

My ACRO police check came back with no live trace however I know of two minor offences that occurred 10+ years ago which didn't show on my police check. My migration agent advised me to write a statement explaining them and immigration have asked me to submit a statutory declaration (I'm assuming it's because there's no evidence of me committing the offences).

I have completed this and had it witnessed by a Notary Public in the UK which my migration agent reviewed and approved before hand. 

Any advice on the process after this and timeframe as to when I will hear back with a decision if my visa will be granted?

Note: the offences were possession of cannabis and producing an insurance document with intent to deceive ( the certificate was water damaged)

Thanks in advance

Chris 

I forgot to mention, neither offences resulted in any convictions or court appearances. The possession of cannabis was a £80 on the spot fine and the insurance certificate offence was a police caution with no further action.

23 minutes ago, Chris Pearson said:

I forgot to mention, neither offences resulted in any convictions or court appearances. The possession of cannabis was a £80 on the spot fine and the insurance certificate offence was a police caution with no further action.

Hiya mate we did the stat dec for my wife's assault caution.

Everything was approved and I would imagine that yours will go through fine, but I'm no expert.

Seeing as they were sometime ago, and I think if you have been in prison and sentenced for longer than 12 months that is the sticking point.

1 hour ago, Lavers said:

Hiya mate we did the stat dec for my wife's assault caution.

Everything was approved and I would imagine that yours will go through fine, but I'm no expert.

Seeing as they were sometime ago, and I think if you have been in prison and sentenced for longer than 12 months that is the sticking point.

Thanks for the reply mate, fingers crossed all goes through and there isn't much longer to wait. The application was only lodged 11th Jan so they got back to me pretty quick requesting a statutory declaration so I'm hopeful I'll here something soon.

• 1 year later...
5 hours ago, OnTheFence said:

I know this is an old thread but we’ve had the same request due to my husbands drunk and disorderly caution (from over 20 years ago!). Do either of you have a template for the statutory declaration so we know if we’re on the right track?

You can download one online from the Attorney General's department 

On 08/08/2023 at 13:13, OnTheFence said:

I know this is an old thread but we’ve had the same request due to my husbands drunk and disorderly caution (from over 20 years ago!). Do either of you have a template for the statutory declaration so we know if we’re on the right track?

If the Police Certificate states "no live trace" you will need to obtain the step down document showing details of the offences. 

• Like 1