Sign in to follow this  
Toots

Teapot the rooster

The last time I walked through Hobart city centre I saw a young woman with a rooster.  He was very tame, a proper character and went everywhere with her.  When she went to her local cafe, Teapot would relax outside in a large flower bed and wait for her.  He also made friends with people in the local park.  He began to feel unwell and after being scanned at the vets he was diagnosed with cancer.  When he died he was missed by all the locals so a plaque has been erected outside his favourite cafe in his favourite flower bed.

in memory of teapot.jpg

• Like 7

Reminded me of a girl I used to see wandering around the Melbourne CBD who would have a big white rat on her shoulder.

It was a thing for a while for people to have them as a pet.

• Like 2

Buy a man eat fish. The Day, Teach Man, to lifetime.      - Joe Biden.

There used to be a chap in Sydney who walked around with an Eclectus parrot on his shoulder.   I remember he (the parrot) got a fright one day and flew off, and they had an alert in the local newspaper to find him, which luckily succeeded.

Then there was a man in Tasmania somewhere (Robertson?) who used to walk around with a llama...

• Like 1

Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband granted UK spouse visa March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

My new novel, A Dance With Danger, is due out August 2022

35 minutes ago, Marisawright said:

There used to be a chap in Sydney who walked around with an Eclectus parrot on his shoulder.   I remember he (the parrot) got a fright one day and flew off, and they had an alert in the local newspaper to find him, which luckily succeeded.

Then there was a man in Tasmania somewhere (Robertson?) who used to walk around with a llama...

There was a man who spent more than 2 years walking round Australia with his dog and camels.  He made it to Tasmania and traveled right round the island.  We saw him and his companions near Devonport.

camels.jpg