ETA Confusion

Cosetti Spaghetti

So excited that borders are finally opening up! I applied for an ETA straightaway on the app and it was denied. Sadness.

First of all, are these still getting denied categorically because the travel restrictions technically remain in place?  Secondly, I made a mistake and marked that I have a criminal record and I do not, so the denial could have been for that reason. I found conflicting information on reapplying for ETA's.  The first thing I found said don't bother reapplying, you'll get the same answer every time. The second thing I found said you can reapply after ten days. Which is it?  Also, I found a number for a Global Service Centre, but it was disconnected!  Any guidance appreciated - have a lovely day all! 

6 hours ago, Cosetti Spaghetti said:

I made a mistake and marked that I have a criminal record and I do not, so the denial could have been for that reason. I found conflicting information on reapplying for ETA's.  The first thing I found said don't bother reapplying, you'll get the same answer every time. The second thing I found said you can reapply after ten days. Which is it?  Also, I found a number for a Global Service Centre, but it was disconnected!  Any guidance appreciated - have a lovely day all! 

If you reapply with exactly the same information on your form, you'll get the same answer every time.  If you made a mistake, you can reapply with the correct information after ten days.

However, after 22 February, you don't need to apply for an exemption if you are fully vaccinated.