Waiting times

Phil1712

What do you mean by waiting times? Check with a pet transport company - they should be able to advise you on flight availability if thats what you mean. The main thing is to get the rabies vaccine stuff started, and finding a local vet who is registered to do all of the paperwork and checks - again, a pet transport company would be able to help with this. 

5 hours ago, talktosi said:

What do you mean by waiting times? Check with a pet transport company - they should be able to advise you on flight availability if thats what you mean. The main thing is to get the rabies vaccine stuff started, and finding a local vet who is registered to do all of the paperwork and checks - again, a pet transport company would be able to help with this. 

Just wondering when to start the process. I have not been granted yet so was curious to know if to start his vaccinations now or wait until visa is granted

7 minutes ago, Raplin45 said:

Hiya, the process for the rabies jabs takes around 7 months in total (vaccine, bloods a month later, then 180 day wait), so worth starting the process if you are hoping to go any time soon. Just started the process myself with my cats.

Do you mind me asking which company you are using. Have you managed to book flights for you and your cats around similar times so you will be there in Oz when they arrive

7 minutes ago, Phil1712 said:

Do you mind me asking which company you are using. Have you managed to book flights for you and your cats around similar times so you will be there in Oz when they arrive

Hi, we haven't got that far down the line yet as waiting out the 7 months while in the meantime waiting out the visa process in parallel. The bloods confirming the animals have full immunity are valid for 2 years but we wanted to get it checked off so if by some miracle things happen quickly we're in a good position and ahead of the game if that makes sense.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Phil1712 said:

Hi does anyone know what are the current waiting times on sending a dog from the UK?

I'm awaiting my grant and am curious to know if to start the process to send my Cavachon over.

Hi, I don’t know anything solid but I think the bottle neck might be getting a quarantine place and then possibly a place on a flight rather than the paperwork process.

@BobPetairUK  might be able to shine a  light on what the timescales are looking like and then you might want to consider them to move your animals, you can choose how much or little they do so budget friendly, as much as it can be! Expensive moving animals!

Depending on what visa you are applying for you usually have a year to validate the visa and then 5 years to move, so a bit of flexibility maybe?

Anyway, good luck and hopefully Bob sees this. 😊

The timing of the pets' moves is key. Get the rabies vaccine and blood sampel done and this then lasts for 2 years. But the pets cant fly until 180 days after the rabies blood sample, so worth getting started sooner rather than later.

Then once you know all this you need an import permit and quarantine space. Quarantine spaces have been as long as 3 months waiting list.

Have a read of the Australia page on our website www.petairuk.com and the best advice i can give you is to start sooner rather than later!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BobPetairUK said:

The timing of the pets' moves is key. Get the rabies vaccine and blood sampel done and this then lasts for 2 years. But the pets cant fly until 180 days after the rabies blood sample, so worth getting started sooner rather than later.

Then once you know all this you need an import permit and quarantine space. Quarantine spaces have been as long as 3 months waiting list.

Have a read of the Australia page on our website www.petairuk.com and the best advice i can give you is to start sooner rather than later!

Thanks Bob for the advice will check out the website.