491 offshore

parvinder

Dear All 

I have applied 491 visa in june 2019, which is 19 months ago as Metal fabricator at 70 points got invitation from South Australia.

My Question is i am still waiting for visa grant If anybody got 491 offshore then please share processing time, occupation, points and  state from got invitation.

And where i can complaint about processing time.

Thanks in advance  

5 hours ago, parvinder said:

And where i can complaint about processing time.

There's no point in complaining, everyone is in the same situation.   Processing of 491 visas stopped completely when the borders closed in 2020, because 491 visa holders couldn't enter the country so there was no point. 

Since then, the only people getting skilled visas are people on the Priority Occupation list, OR people who have a job to come to, and whose employers can prove the job is critically needed. 

Who knows when the government will start processing again.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 31Hillbury said:

Helpful as always! 🥱

Its alright for those sat where some of us are dreaming of being! 

What exactly wasn't helpful? Show any point in the post that wasn't 100% factual and correct?

You won't be able to because it is completely true, it might not be what you want to hear, but it is true.

Equally I'm not in Australia yet either! But by Friday, Yay!!

10 hours ago, parvinder said:

Dear All 

I have applied 491 visa in june 2019, which is 19 months ago

Assume you mean 2020, which is still a long time to wait. To answer more politely than others, yes there isn't much you can do to complain as we've all been getting the same generic responses by contacting Home Affairs or political leaders. The good news is, this problem is coming to light more in the news, especially as borders re-open. Seems every week there's good news so I truly believe we're on the other side of this, even if that means we all still may have long wait with the backlog.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, nomadiccarpenter said:

Assume you mean 2020, which is still a long time to wait. To answer more politely than others, yes there isn't much you can do to complain as we've all been getting the same generic responses by contacting Home Affairs or political leaders. The good news is, this problem is coming to light more in the news, especially as borders re-open. Seems every week there's good news so I truly believe we're on the other side of this, even if that means we all still may have long wait with the backlog.

There was nothing impolite about my reply, devoid of emotion and purely factual maybe but that isn't impolite 

However, your suggestion that I was impolite is very impolite...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ausvisitor said:

There was nothing impolite about my reply, devoid of emotion and purely factual maybe but that isn't impolite 

However, your suggestion that I was impolite is very impolite...

Can’t help but think your just being obnoxious! 
congratulations on your visa grant and upcoming trip. Some of us are just waiting for our time to come also! Except without the attitude you seem to always manage to display! 

Just now, 31Hillbury said:

Can’t help but think your just being obnoxious! 
congratulations on your visa grant and upcoming trip. Some of us are just waiting for our time to come also! Except without the attitude you seem to always manage to display! 

Honestly mate I can't wait for the day you get your grant, I've watched you wait for ages and I know it must be agony (it was hard enough waiting for mine and it was granted before COVID - just).

I'm not trying to be obnoxious, but I don't subscribe to the "be nice and say what people want to hear" mantra that seems to pervade internet forums, it's far better (in my view) to get the answer you need completely devoid of emotion (but that's just me and I get others are different)

Anyway fingers crossed you will be giving Qantas an obnoxious amount of cash (it really was eye watering) soon to fly to Australia and join us out here!

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Ausvisitor said:

Honestly mate I can't wait for the day you get your grant, I've watched you wait for ages and I know it must be agony (it was hard enough waiting for mine and it was granted before COVID - just).

I'm not trying to be obnoxious, but I don't subscribe to the "be nice and say what people want to hear" mantra that seems to pervade internet forums, it's far better (in my view) to get the answer you need completely devoid of emotion (but that's just me and I get others are different)

Anyway fingers crossed you will be giving Qantas an obnoxious amount of cash (it really was eye watering) soon to fly to Australia and join us out here!

I think i'd give Qantas the keys to my house for the flight over now haha Kids are asking me every flipping day when we can go and they don't understand that I really cant answer that

• Like 1

3 hours ago, skyeman said:

I think i'd give Qantas the keys to my house for the flight over now haha Kids are asking me every flipping day when we can go and they don't understand that I really cant answer that

I remember those days, everyone asking when you will go, but not having any idea even if it will be possible.

It's a little like when the "future" grandparents call every couple of hours to ask if the baby has been born yet. If it had do you think I wouldn't have already told you....

How old are the kids? Ours is in year 2 at Uni so is going to do a split personality for the next year and a half, term time in UK, holidays in Oz before settling over full time at end of course

23 hours ago, Ausvisitor said:

I remember those days, everyone asking when you will go, but not having any idea even if it will be possible.

It's a little like when the "future" grandparents call every couple of hours to ask if the baby has been born yet. If it had do you think I wouldn't have already told you....

How old are the kids? Ours is in year 2 at Uni so is going to do a split personality for the next year and a half, term time in UK, holidays in Oz before settling over full time at end of course

Exactly. I'm starting to feel like people don't think we are committed to it and are having cold feet when that couldn't be further from the truth. I'm only 31 so given the big handout of working holiday visa's they announced on the news saying "come on in"and how they are prioritising them I'm tempted to apply for one to get me over so I can at least sort a job and housing before bringing the family over. They cant come over on a tourist visa with me unfortunately as apparently, that would breach the conditions on my WHV. 

Kids are 3,4,6 and 11. Your plan actually sounds good. I bet the kids will love the holidays in Oz and it will give them a taste of what's to come permanently. 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Congrats to those who have been granted! 

I'm on day 816 of waiting for my grant for a Family Sponsored 491. 

Secondary teacher with 90 points (offshore). Medical and police check uploaded as of May '22.

Any similar time lines out there? I'm a member of the DUC agency and am regularly seeing posts about grants from others who lodged in 2021 and even 2022. 

1 hour ago, Geography87 said:

Congrats to those who have been granted! 

I'm on day 816 of waiting for my grant for a Family Sponsored 491. 

Secondary teacher with 90 points (offshore). Medical and police check uploaded as of May '22.

Any similar time lines out there? I'm a member of the DUC agency and am regularly seeing posts about grants from others who lodged in 2021 and even 2022. 

I submitted around 800 days ago off-shore for a 491 with 95 points. Uploaded medicals and PFF back in July 2020 which have since expired. Uploaded new PCC in July 2021. Not heard anything from a case Officer but like you I have seen lots of 21 and 22 grants. Apparently, CO's are prioritising recently submitted ones with medicals and PCC done as it's much faster for them to process and clear the backlog. They are hugely understaffed. 

1 hour ago, Geography87 said:

Hopefully I'll hear something soon then as my checks are done. They're clearly not doing it by lodgement dates or points at any rate. 

AFAIK they never did.  The states have always cherry-picked applicants from the queue based on their specific regional needs at the time, with points being far less important than for the 189.  When you say you're seeing other people get grants, are they in your subject?  Do you know what the demand is like for your subject in the state?  

Edited by Marisawright

22 hours ago, Marisawright said:

AFAIK they never did.  The states have always cherry-picked applicants from the queue based on their specific regional needs at the time, with points being far less important than for the 189.  When you say you're seeing other people get grants, are they in your subject?  Do you know what the demand is like for your subject in the state?  

Hiya, a few teachers yes. One recently on the FS 491. They lodged in Feb 2020 so a month before me. Hoping that's a good sign 🙂

17 hours ago, Geography87 said:

Hiya, a few teachers yes. One recently on the FS 491. They lodged in Feb 2020 so a month before me. Hoping that's a good sign 🙂

Trouble is they don't just recruit teachers because they're teachers.  They choose based on the subjects they're currently short of in schools.  So it's a good sign if they're teachers in your subject, but not really if they're teaching something else.

4 hours ago, Marisawright said:

Trouble is they don't just recruit teachers because they're teachers.  They choose based on the subjects they're currently short of in schools.  So it's a good sign if they're teachers in your subject, but not really if they're teaching something else.

Okay. 

37 minutes ago, Geography87 said:

Quick update

My 491 FS was granted this morning. Offshore, secondary teacher with 90 points. Lodged April 2020.

Good luck to everyone still waiting! It's been a long process and played havoc with my finances and CV but all that's in the past now. 

wohoo..huge congrats. I submitted April 2020 for a 491 with 95 points so really hope I hear soon 🙂 did they ask you to re-do medicals or did you get a direct grant?

39 minutes ago, skyeman said:

wohoo..huge congrats. I submitted April 2020 for a 491 with 95 points so really hope I hear soon 🙂 did they ask you to re-do medicals or did you get a direct grant?

Thank-you. On second check, I actually lodged March 2020, not April, oops! 

Oh fab, well I hope you get your grant very soon 🙂

I chose not to pre upload police or medical checks when I lodged as I had just started an 18 month contract at work. I chose to upload medicals myself with no CO contact in April 2022 and the day the results were uploaded I got CO contact requesting my police checks. I uploaded them in late May and got the grant just under a month later.

On 24/06/2022 at 07:53, Geography87 said:

Quick update

My 491 FS was granted this morning. Offshore, secondary teacher with 90 points. Lodged April 2020.

Good luck to everyone still waiting! It's been a long process and played havoc with my finances and CV but all that's in the past now. 

Congratulations! That's brilliant 😀

I am a History teacher and just lodged a week ago. They requested medicals, with a 28 day turnaround, as soon as the application was lodged.   Have you told your head yet? It's tricky with the notice periods in schools isn't it. 

Edited by The Gees