simmo

Cost of Living.

12 minutes ago, Rallyman said:

It was one person on a radio phone in you can’t generalise like you have.

I can because I post before that, somebody other post that later.   But it common in my experience so i can say that, different term to "genralise". Maybe you genralise to say it not true if not your experience? 

Look like Sunak win anyway.  Good story, poor punjabi family to africa to motherland, now stronger than king.  I might stay (only joking ha ha i come christmas).

21 hours ago, Lavers said:

Then to top it off the elites all meet up once a year to discuss all this and all get there by private jets.

They do?  Where?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jadgit Rai said:

no no no, i no say that.  please read carefully.  I say many, not whole country.  Usually they hide it and find excure, when there are no more excuse, damn bloke comes out and says it is because Sunak is not white so cannot be British.  Many stupid people like that, many try and find excuse to hide obvious that they are no good at job and prejudiced.  Blame blame blame, down down down.

I hate to break it to you, Aus is no different.  Maybe worse in some parts.

20 minutes ago, unzippy said:

They do?  Where?

Davos, the WEF annual meeting. No doubt numerous others throughout the year.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, unzippy said:

I was going to say similar 

I have found Australia to be far worse than uk in parts 

26 minutes ago, unzippy said:

They do?  Where?

Did you miss this one :

Cop 26 in Glasgow 

the amount that turned up from around the world to to you how to live your life absolutely staggering 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Rallyman said:

haha, you tell me which part, i avoid it.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, unzippy said:

Racism is not reason for move, get it everywhere, no what to expect....mostly white people saying it cannot be true ahha.  Somebody else mentioned the brown skin in UK being a reason for unconscious prejedice.  Sure it is same in lots of place.   More that when you know all you need to know about one place and make mind up, go somewhere better, work hard, try and do better. 

22 minutes ago, Jadgit Rai said:

Racism is not reason for move, get it everywhere, no what to expect....mostly white people saying it cannot be true ahha.  Somebody else mentioned the brown skin in UK being a reason for unconscious prejedice.  Sure it is same in lots of place.   More that when you know all you need to know about one place and make mind up, go somewhere better, work hard, try and do better. 

You'll be fine @Jadgit Rai.  According to some people, a few Australians are also anti Pom (English).  I'm Scottish and I've never come across that at all.  Maybe I've been lucky.  I live in a town in Tasmania.  Population 25,000.  There are people here from all over the world.  I dare say there are a few ignorant racists around the place but I've not personally heard any derogatory comments.

1 minute ago, Toots said:

You'll be fine @Jadgit Rai.  According to some people, a few Australians are also anti Pom (English).  I'm Scottish and I've never come across that at all.  Maybe I've been lucky.  I live in a town in Tasmania.  Population 25,000.  There are people here from all over the world.  I dare say there are a few ignorant racists around the place but I've not personally heard any derogatory comments.

Unfortunately I experienced it in sydney and once on a job in the hunter. 
I also witnessed it on site between non Australian/ uk people. I actually asked one guy to leave one of my sites because of his attitude.. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

34 minutes ago, Jadgit Rai said:

No country is immune from bad people.

Are you from India? The caste system in India always seemed terribly racist to me. If you were unlucky enough to be born into the lower caste the higher caste people treat you like sh1t.

• Like 1

Buy a man eat fish. The Day, Teach Man, to lifetime.      - Joe Biden.

1 hour ago, Jadgit Rai said:

haha, you tell me which part, i avoid it.

Put it this way, the UK has has had hundreds and hundreds of years to become multicultural.  Aus, 234 years.

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Rallyman said:

Unfortunately I experienced it in sydney and once on a job in the hunter. 
I also witnessed it on site between non Australian/ uk people. I actually asked one guy to leave one of my sites because of his attitude.. 

My husband was also aware of 'comments' on building sites.  The ones who actually came to physical violence in Sydney were the Serbs and Croats. They hated each other.  Must be something about working on building sites that sends men a bit doolally.  🤪

Edited by Toots
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Rallyman said:

But very few compared to Blighty 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Jadgit Rai said:

no no no, i no say that.  please read carefully.  I say many, not whole country.  Usually they hide it and find excure, when there are no more excuse, damn bloke comes out and says it is because Sunak is not white so cannot be British.  Many stupid people like that, many try and find excuse to hide obvious that they are no good at job and prejudiced.  Blame blame blame, down down down.

Well I hear quite often Asians being termed as such and Aussies meaning white people. Not necessarily a racist intent , just how a number of people associate racial differences. It'll likely change over time. 

Just a reminder, this is not a thread to discuss racism, please take that to PM if you which discuss/ advise other members. This thread is about the cost of living, so back on track please.

Thanks

Cal x

• Like 1

If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place...

If you get a chance,take it, If it changes your life,let it. Nobody said it would be easy they just said it would be worth it...

1 hour ago, calNgary said:

Just a reminder, this is not a thread to discuss racism, please take that to PM if you which discuss/ advise other members. This thread is about the cost of living, so back on track please.

Thanks

Cal x

Just posting this again with a tad bigger font as it seems some members missed it and i had to remove a couple of posts. 

Thanks

Cal x

• Like 1

If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place...

If you get a chance,take it, If it changes your life,let it. Nobody said it would be easy they just said it would be worth it...

9 hours ago, simmo said:

Can we get back to the cost of living.

Sure, what would you like to contribute?

Bare in mind your last post about John Lewis really missed the mark😆😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, simmo said:

Can we get back to the cost of living.

My missus says a tin of soup is twice what it was a year ago.

1 hour ago, Blue Manna said:

My missus says a tin of soup is twice what it was a year ago.

I've just come back from a foray into Coles and Woolies.  I try to only go once a fortnight.  Things have most certainly gone up but I did get stuff like detergent, and other bits and pieces on special.  My husband went to get his meat at the butchers and was shocked at the price of lamb cutlets and his usual steak.  I'm making a pot of soup and other meals to put in the freezer.  Luckily our fruit and veggie shop has reasonably priced, good quality produce  ............  all seasonal from local farms.  

No doubt about it, the cost of living his risen hugely.

• Like 2

The ONS is saying supermarket food has gone up 17% in the UK in the last year. I knew it was considerably more than the 10% standard inflation. There's more to come yet as well.

France and Germany are having a rough time.  Empty shelves , no fuel at the pumps...  The UK in comparison to Germany , belgium , sweden..... are not so bad.