Bobj

Australia Day

Moving on, and looking forward to the next great national day, namely ANZAC Day 2022 in our village here in the Blue Mountains of NSW.

Its huge.

Edited by Dusty Plains
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dusty Plains said:

Moving on, and looking forward to the next great national day, namely ANZAC Day 2022 in our village here in the Blue Mountains of NSW.

Its huge.

The woke brigade are even starting to protest against that too.

Any idea of war doesn't sit well with them. No matter the valid reasons for it.

Buy a man eat fish. The Day, Teach Man, to lifetime.      - Joe Biden.

6 minutes ago, Parley said:

The woke brigade are even starting to protest against that too.

Any idea of war doesn't sit well with them. No matter the valid reasons for it.

I just cannot wait. 

7 hours ago, Dusty Plains said:

Then what date should we gravitate towards, and most importantly, why would we want to gravitate at all?

Leave Australia Day as it is. What next?  Move Christmas Day because it offends a handful of people?  Do we just continue to roll over in order to placate the perpetually offended?

I’ll leave it there as Bobj has asked not to sidetrack his thread. Hope you enjoyed the celebrations yesterday 👍

• Like 4

:evilface_frowning_s

On 27/01/2022 at 08:38, Paul1Perth said:

We've been here 33 years and have had very little to do with the indigenous population. Quite honestly don't see many at all, unless you go into the City. 

If you lived somewhere like Darwin you would see more of them, maybe Canberra too? Certainly wouldn't be searching them out at the tent city. I honestly don't know why they are allowed to keep it.

Appearances being the reason they are allowed to keep it. Canberra is the capital and forceful removal would look bad overseas. No such qualms pulling down tents by the Swan River a few years back 

Try Alice Springs in terms of numbers, but Darwin to. Indeed anywhere in NT or indeed Kimberley region of WA. Certainly very different from elsewhere in Australia.

On 27/01/2022 at 02:52, FirstWorldProblems said:

I'd accept your attempt at gate-keeping if you were a professor of indigenous affairs, but as it is I think I'll retain the right to; a) stay informed, b) do some research & c) have an opinion.  Of course if you were actually an expert you'd be keen to educate others, not shut down their point of view.

Thank you anyway.

If I were the "gatekeeper", we would not be having this discussion. 

18 hours ago, MacGyver said:

I’ll leave it there as Bobj has asked not to sidetrack his thread. Hope you enjoyed the celebrations yesterday 👍

Some posters can’t let go can they, have to keep pushing and posting their own ‘important’ agenda, So thread after thread gets cancelled .

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 26/01/2022 at 09:50, Blue Flu said:

Off to an indigenous music festival by the river later in the afternoon (as usual) then watch the fireworks. Thankfully not as hot as has been.

How was it? The music festival sounds great, never been. I heard not a great turnout for skyworks? Never been to that either- you’ve seen 1 firework display and you’ve seen them all. Doesn’t hold much appeal. 

• Confused 1

On 26/01/2022 at 13:35, simmo said:

You wouldn't be enjoying the life you do now was it not for the 1st fleet.

Without wanting to make it personal, did you ask permission from the Whadjuk Nyoongar people to build your 2nd home?

Hmm this has only just appeared as a notification so in keeping with Bobj's request i will pm you my answer. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, HappyHeart said:

Hmm this has only just appeared as a notification so in keeping with Bobj's request i will pm you my answer. 

I think that's a No.

Well done Bobj. You're a legend.

Edited by Dusty Plains
  • Haha 1

On 26/01/2022 at 23:03, Bulya said:

No they weren’t and condemned by the tent city elders.  It was the blow ins from the sovereign mob and anti-vaxxers.  

Lets see how that particular equation works out in court.

On 28/01/2022 at 18:46, HappyHeart said:

How was it? The music festival sounds great, never been. I heard not a great turnout for skyworks? Never been to that either- you’ve seen 1 firework display and you’ve seen them all. Doesn’t hold much appeal. 

Brilliant if you have kids and live near the river or City. Numbers were down as people are being careful and don't want to catch or spread covid.

It has been confirmed that the shipwreck of Captain Cook's Endeavour has been found off the coast of Rhode Island in the US.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Parley said:

It has been confirmed that the shipwreck of Captain Cook's Endeavour has been found off the coast of Rhode Island in the US.

I knew that years ago...It became a prison hulk.

An Ebay item I put on here many years ago about Jimmy. His telescope was put on Ebay with the caption that it was recovered from the ship after The Endeavour sank off New Zealand...for $750,000. 😆

Cheers, Bobj.

On 28/01/2022 at 18:46, HappyHeart said:

The music was probably not up to the usual standard and less people there as well. I found it odd that quite a large turnout against Invasion Day did not see more participants from that at the music venue. It was a very hot day though. But plenty of cover could be found.

The fireworks were poorly attended in comparison to other years. Scaled back in content as well. At least no Covid was associated with the event. I wonder if they want to do away with it? So different now from twelve and more years back when it was in danger of being turned into a nationalist event.