491 or 190 Aussie Visa

JJJ89

Dear All,

I have applied EOI for Australia Migration for 189 Visa with 70 Points, 190 with 75 & 491 with 85 points. Please suggest me the chance of invitation ( Jan 2022 scheme ) or any chance of getting invitation with the above score recently. My age is going to get deducted soon.

Which option you suggest to move forward as my Profession is ELECTRICAL ENGINEER. Which place will be better?

Which state have you directed the 190 and 491 applications towards? If it is "all states" you will almost certainly never be picked out of the pot for the sponsored visas as the states want you to be committed to them and not just scatter-gunning for the first one that accepts.

If you have applied for all states, might be worth pulling that EOI and submitting a new one for a specific state - might be worth a chat with an agent on this

• Like 2

4 hours ago, JJJ89 said:

Dear All,

I have applied EOI for Australia Migration for 189 Visa with 70 Points, 190 with 75 & 491 with 85 points. Please suggest me the chance of invitation ( Jan 2022 scheme ) or any chance of getting invitation with the above score recently. My age is going to get deducted soon.

Which option you suggest to move forward as my Profession is ELECTRICAL ENGINEER. Which place will be better?

May be worth having a look at some job sites such as Seek.com to see which States seem to have most vacancies in your line of work.

Having a chat with an agent about what to do with your current applications wouldn't go amiss either.

Cal x

• Like 1

12 hours ago, JJJ89 said:

thank you all, I opted for "any" as my points you can see it is very low.

Unfortunately ticking any does seem to go against you. I would book an appointment with a reputable agent (W Russel replied above his contact info is at the bottom of his post) and see if they can help you rectify or reapply. Good luck i hope you get it sorted

Cal x

• Like 1

19 hours ago, JJJ89 said:

thank you all, I opted for "any" as my points you can see it is very low.

You did it the wrong way around, if your points were "very high" then opting for any might not be an issue, as you would be very attractive as a sponsorship applicant.

However your points are low and you have then made it feel to the people selecting applicants that you aren't very keen on their specific region, so they will just jump over you

• Like 1

My agent told to put the application for one month with "any" option to see the rounds. Then we can focus on to specific regions. Dont know still how much point needed to get an invitation soon as my age pointa going to get deducted soon.

Thanking you all for the help. Keep suggesting me so that i can have proper channel to move on.

6 minutes ago, JJJ89 said:

My agent told to put the application for one month with "any" option to see the rounds. Then we can focus on to specific regions.

You have an agent?  Are they MARA registered?   It seems like they're giving you bad advice.  

I assume you know that you have absolutely zero chance of getting the 189 with those points, your agent should have told you that at least.

• Like 1

You might want to instruct your agent to edit your EoI, taking into account your nominated skilled occupation and the states or territories for which a nomination is available. It might be of interest to note that employer nominated visa applications are not points tested and EoI is not needed.

• Like 2

Thank you all, please do clarify my skills assessment already expired my agent is telling it is not required and if need EA will send immediately. He says that EA skills assessment for Engineers are indefinite as per the message from EA.

"How long is the assessment letter valid for migration purpose? Do I need a Duplicate Letter?"

"Whilst the assessment outcome will remain valid indefinitely for Engineers Australia, our understanding is that DOBP mandates that the assessment notification be no more than three years old at date of migration application. If you require an updated letter of assessment after this time, please contact our Member Service Team."

This is the question and message he showed to me which he says it is the reply from EA.

This is true?

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/01/2022 at 09:06, Marisawright said:

You have an agent?  Are they MARA registered?   It seems like they're giving you bad advice.  

I assume you know that you have absolutely zero chance of getting the 189 with those points, your agent should have told you that at least.

Hey Marisa, I'm in the early stages of the process, considering my options with regards to which visa works best for me and discussing with a MARA agent - I wondered if you wouldn't mind elaborating on the statement around there being zero chance of getting a 189 with points on the lower end of the scale and the facts behind that please? Recognise that things have been stagnant recently but also aware of latest announcements regarding things returning to pre-covid levels in the new Australian FY and things starting to pick up again following that. Keen to understand as many facts as possible at this point 🙂

8 hours ago, Raplin45 said:

Hey Marisa, I'm in the early stages of the process, considering my options with regards to which visa works best for me and discussing with a MARA agent - I wondered if you wouldn't mind elaborating on the statement around there being zero chance of getting a 189 with points on the lower end of the scale and the facts behind that please? Recognise that things have been stagnant recently but also aware of latest announcements regarding things returning to pre-covid levels in the new Australian FY and things starting to pick up again following that. Keen to understand as many facts as possible at this point 🙂

Ask your agent about stats pre-Covid. If he knows his stuff, he should be able to tell you that for the last few years before Covid, no one with less than 90 points was being invited for the 189. For some popular occupations, you needed 95 to 100.  There’s a chart somewhere, I’ll try to find it. 

Now things are opening up again, there is a massive backlog of all the applications submitted during Covid, so competition will be even more fierce and therefore the points needed will be even higher