romay

Applying for an Australian passport

Hi there - after becoming an Australian Citizen I am trying to apply for an Australian passport on-line.  One of the questions asked is if I have changed my name since birth, which I have by marriage, but the problem is they want proof and they say they don't accept foreign documents.  How do I proceed?

What did you provide for your visa? They do accept foreign documents but only if there is an English translation. I sent my UK certificates.You must have provided birth and marriage certificates for your visa grant surely, just use the same ones.

• Like 1

So many wineries ......so little time :yes:

22 hours ago, romay said:

Hi there - after becoming an Australian Citizen I am trying to apply for an Australian passport on-line.  One of the questions asked is if I have changed my name since birth, which I have by marriage, but the problem is they want proof and they say they don't accept foreign documents.  How do I proceed?

They do accept them with a translation Use what you used for your visa

Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband applied UK spouse visa Jan 2015, granted March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

"The stranger who comes home does not make himself at home but makes home itself strange." -- Rainer Maria Rilke