I finally sold my home in England this severing another tie

MARYROSE02

11 hours ago, Marisawright said:

Here's a tip:  book a storage unit that's twice the size of your shipment. 

That's essential because you'll need floor space to unpack things and move them around.  

I remember you told me that before but I forgot so thanks for reminding me.

11 hours ago, ramot said:

We will need to pay the non resident CGT shortly, please check if it’s still 30 days from completion of conveyance, or now 60 days? before you are fined., please don’t take my word for it, check to make sure you aren’t caught out and get fined. 

I think the fine is 100 pounds. I was confused about the 30 or 60 day ruling plus there are different rules for non-residents.

I'm waiting to receive a paper form from HMRC. I meant to check in Reception today but I forgot.  

I'm sure if I tell HMRC that I could not create an online CGT account so I had to wait for the paper copy  they will rescind any fines. 

Were you able to create a CGT account ok with HMRC?

1 hour ago, MARYROSE02 said:

I think the fine is 100 pounds. I was confused about the 30 or 60 day ruling plus there are different rules for non-residents.

I'm waiting to receive a paper form from HMRC. I meant to check in Reception today but I forgot.  

I'm sure if I tell HMRC that I could not create an online CGT account so I had to wait for the paper copy  they will rescind any fines. 

Were you able to create a CGT account ok with HMRC?

We are in contact with our tax agent who deals with all the UK tax end, who will sort it out. Will let you know if I find anything out that will help you. Our sale isn’t finalised yet.

15 minutes ago, ramot said:

We are in contact with our tax agent who deals with all the UK tax end, who will sort it out. Will let you know if I find anything out that will help you. Our sale isn’t finalised yet.

Thanks. I sold mine 60 days ago! Middle of January.  I always do UK tax myself but use TA for ATO return. 

I'm spending the house sale money in Surfers.