Moving from Sydney to Sunshine Coast

coples

4 hours ago, Cairnswanabe said:

Appreciated. Can I ask are there any suburbs best avoided.?  I'm considering Sippy Downs, Mountain Creek ,Little Mountain but Im open to all options in my price range. I would really like a green and leafy suburb rather than a brand new development  and something  with 5/10  mins drive to beach. Preferably would like to be close enough to cycle.

Any insight would be most appreciated. Thanks

Mountain Creek and Buderim close enough to cycle, ok going down hill from Buderim  but a steep climb back, you would need to be fit, and I’m not sure how safe the road is for cycling. The roads get very busy here, but there are plenty of cycle groups.There is a pathway way, cycleway to Mooloolaba from Mountain Creek, I think it’s near the school, but I’ve never used it, but judging by the number of school children cycling with their surf boards it must be ok.I can’t say that anywhere really has a bad reputation, 

I don’t want to depress you, but house prices are soaring here in Mountain Creek, A 4 bed house, the bedrooms were small and the house a bit unloved as it had been a rental,  sold for $1 million 2 hundred and fifty thousand at auction on Saturday, with 4 serious bidders, on Mountain Creek rd. Like most of the suburbs mentioned it’s a popular area.

Edited by ramot

26 minutes ago, ramot said:

Mountain Creek and Buderim close enough to cycle, ok going down hill from Buderim  but a steep climb back, you would need to be fit, and I’m not sure how safe the road is for cycling. The roads get very busy here, but there are plenty of cycle groups.There is a pathway way, cycleway to Mooloolaba from Mountain Creek, I think it’s near the school, but I’ve never used it, but judging by the number of school children cycling with their surf boards it must be ok.I can’t say that anywhere really has a bad reputation, 

I don’t want to depress you, but house prices are soaring here in Mountain Creek, A 4 bed house, the bedrooms were small and the house a bit unloved as it had been a rental,  sold for $1 million 2 hundred and fifty thousand at auction on Saturday, with 4 serious bidders, on Mountain Creek rd. Like most of the suburbs mentioned it’s a popular area.

It was 2 Haddys Close, looks better in the photos!

• 3 weeks later...

Well we already decided to sell our house and move up there, but still looking for the location. still like peregian spring maybe coz i havent been to other suburbs yet, prefer somewhere close to the beach and good school as we have 2 primary schooler year 3 and 5. I'm so nervous as March we selling our house and will have to decide where we go in April. 

1 hour ago, coples said:

How about Coolum beach?

Nice popular area, good beach, shops, think it has a good skate park, and used to have a great annual kite festival, on the beach. sorry don’t know about schools. Said to be the next Byron?? but not hippy yet though. About halfway’sh  between Maroochydore and Noosa. 

Edited by ramot

• 2 months later...