louwilkins

Advice please

Hi everyone,

Just wondering if anyone can shed some light for me. My husband has 3 minor convictions resulting in a caution (2010), and 2 fines for theft/shoplifting (2010) and the most recent being 2017/18 (can't remember the exact date). Is this likely to put an end to our dream of emigrating?

TIA

Not necessarily, but the most recent one is pretty recent and the application would need to be handled properly. This is a general comment as I don’t know the specifics of the matter. 

Paul Hand

Registered Migration Agent, MARN 1801974

SunCoast Migration Ltd

All comments are general in nature and do not constitute legal or migration advice. Comments may not be applicable or appropriate to your specific situation. Any comments relate to legislation and policy at date of post. 

Hi Paul,

Thank you for your reply. I have the opportunity for an employer sponsored visa but am concerned that if I went over before him and then applied for subsequent visa entry for him he may be refused. I'm not even sure these things are on his police record but we had to declare everything. Its a real worry for me now and am unsure if I can pay an agent to do it all for us.

20 minutes ago, louwilkins said:

Hi Paul,

Thank you for your reply. I have the opportunity for an employer sponsored visa but am concerned that if I went over before him and then applied for subsequent visa entry for him he may be refused. I'm not even sure these things are on his police record but we had to declare everything. Its a real worry for me now and am unsure if I can pay an agent to do it all for us.

Your partner should be included in the employer-sponsored visa if he is already your partner, even if he's not planning to travel immediately. 

If you can't afford an agent then I doubt you can afford to migrate, to be honest.  it's a drop in the bucket compared to the other costs involved. 

Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband applied UK spouse visa Jan 2015, granted March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

"The stranger who comes home does not make himself at home but makes home itself strange." -- Rainer Maria Rilke

1 hour ago, louwilkins said:

Hi Paul,

They don't show on your record as in what he has done, but it does say something (can't remember what now)that tells immigration that he has done something.

My wife had a caution in 2010 for a fight with her sister and we never had any problems, just be honest.

As Paul says the one in 2018 isn't that long ago so best to get some proper advice of Paul 👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marisawright said:

Your partner should be included in the employer-sponsored visa if he is already your partner, even if he's not planning to travel immediately. 

If you can't afford an agent then I doubt you can afford to migrate, to be honest.  it's a drop in the bucket compared to the other costs involved. 

I guess the cost thing depends on if the employer is just sponsoring the visa or sponsoring the move.

If they are footing the bill for the visa, flights, shipping and housing deposits then the cost to move is minimal. However these roles are rare nowadays

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lavers said:

They don't show on your record as in what he has done, but it does say something (can't remember what now)that tells immigration that he has done something.

It depends … if the conviction is ‘stepped down’ in U.K. terms the police certificate shows ‘No live trace’; the Department will then want to see a further report detailing the offence(s). If the conviction is not stepped down, it will be listed in detail on the actual police certificate. 

8 hours ago, louwilkins said:

I'm not even sure these things are on his police record 

Anything from a caution upwards will be flagged (as well as some offences from outside the U.K. if they have been shared back to the U.K.)

Paul Hand

Registered Migration Agent, MARN 1801974

SunCoast Migration Ltd

All comments are general in nature and do not constitute legal or migration advice. Comments may not be applicable or appropriate to your specific situation. Any comments relate to legislation and policy at date of post.