Gaz59

Gaz59

On 11/01/2022 at 11:30, Gaz59 said:

Thanks for information, is there anyway you can get the list of How many application in 2016/2017

https://www.gm-parent-visas.com/contributory-parent-visa-application-numbers-updated/

There’s  also a newly posted parent visa tracker on the same site.  I will try and find link. This told me that my June 2017 application likely wouldn’t be processed until January 2027!! 

Note that May/June 2017 alone had 9000 applications. 9000 /3600 annual grants means 2.5 years just to get through those two months alone !!

2 minutes ago, Gaz59 said:

Sorry just seen it and calculated I'm gutted and there's no loophole, unless you wait and apply for an onshore aged parent visa

That depends on your age. It’s going up next July to 67. How old are you now because that may determine when you can apply 

5 minutes ago, Parley said:

So why isn't everyone using Marisa's loophole. Just sell up everything and come out on  tourist visa. As soon as you are in Oz apply for the parent visa onshore and get a bridging visa

They are. Whether they should or not is another issue.

Edited by Quoll
  • Like 2

So incredibly silly for the system to allow it.  Quite unbelievable really that they seem happy to accept elderly people making up a ‘I’m on holiday’ story on a landing card to get in and then never leaving.  You really can’t blame people for taking up the fabulous offer when it’s legal to do it.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Tulip1 said:

So incredibly silly for the system to allow it.  Quite unbelievable really that they seem happy to accept elderly people making up a ‘I’m on holiday’ story on a landing card to get in and then never leaving.  You really can’t blame people for taking up the fabulous offer when it’s legal to do it.

Yes, but the present policy  probably more in place for appearances than due process. It's what goes on under the the radar or around the subject that seems to really matter in influencing outcomes.