Anyone emigrating this year? Flights booked?

emmajane0429

12 hours ago, emmajane0429 said:

Yes we are moving to Perth 

Just keep your eye on prices and book if you see them start to rise. It is a bit hard to say when you should book as things are changing daily here with Covid,so plan away as normal and cross your fingers,lol. 

Lots of luck with the move

Cal x

yes we are too planing to go back to Perth this year. As we have a house to sell , booking flights will be a last minute dash .

We were thinking of going direct as well with Qantas. Let's hope the restrictions will be a bit more relaxed in a few month .

Everything is pretty much unpredictable at the moment which makes it so much harder to line up all those ducks .

8 hours ago, RandL said:

yes we are too planing to go back to Perth this year. As we have a house to sell , booking flights will be a last minute dash .

We were thinking of going direct as well with Qantas. Let's hope the restrictions will be a bit more relaxed in a few month .

Everything is pretty much unpredictable at the moment which makes it so much harder to line up all those ducks .

Yes it’s frustrating, just want to get on with things really! 

where about are you going to? 

I’ve actually started decluttering and packing, we don’t have that much stuff so will use a move cube, do you know if I have to itemise what I pack in each box or can I just for example put: Box 1-clothing, Box 2- kitchenware etc etc ? 

Edited by emmajane0429

We booked direct flights to Perth for March, we have been trying for a year to move there! (Two flights cancelled last year in October and November) Hopefully borders fully open in February. 
We also started to de clutter and deciding what to take, I have given notice in my job… for such a big move, it does feel quite improvised and lots of last minute decisions! It is crazy! 

19 minutes ago, emmajane0429 said:

I’ve actually started decluttering and packing, we don’t have that much stuff so will use a move cube, do you know if I have to itemise what I pack in each box or can I just for example put: Box 1-clothing, Box 2- kitchenware etc etc ? 

that's what we did  , Kitchenware , glassware , ornaments .... don't use description like  "Miscellaneous  Items"

If there's a variety of items in the box , I list them , print them out and stick the list on the box , then I kept a summary sheet with box 1 - this , box 2 - that and gave that to the movers.

We haven't decided where we going to go in WA yet.  We have lived there for over 25 years in many different places. Bring to stay within an hour of Perth - north of the river, was we have friends there.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ausimi said:

for such a big move, it does feel quite improvised and lots of last minute decisions! It is crazy! 

this will be our fourth move between UK-AUS, you right it's absolutely bonkers , even with a bit of experience 

throw in  Covid testing, exchange rate fluctuations , no house sale certain until exchange and completion just days apart, organising Removal companies at short notice hoping they have capacity, having to book flex fare flights  as you can't commit until the last week ..... I'm always  amazed ( and exhausted ) when at the end it all works out.

39 minutes ago, RandL said:

this will be our fourth move between UK-AUS, you right it's absolutely bonkers , even with a bit of experience 

throw in  Covid testing, exchange rate fluctuations , no house sale certain until exchange and completion just days apart, organising Removal companies at short notice hoping they have capacity, having to book flex fare flights  as you can't commit until the last week ..... I'm always  amazed ( and exhausted ) when at the end it all works out.

Oh my life! 4th move! You’re either amazing or stark, staring mad! 😂

Good luck with it all! Rather you than me, it’s exhausting. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Ausimi said:

We booked direct flights to Perth for March, we have been trying for a year to move there! (Two flights cancelled last year in October and November) Hopefully borders fully open in February. 
We also started to de clutter and deciding what to take, I have given notice in my job… for such a big move, it does feel quite improvised and lots of last minute decisions! It is crazy! 

oh wow how stressful for you! i'm keeping everything crossed for February borders opening and i think they just have to open up now, its been so so long. Where abouts are you going to? are you all arranged with a place to stay etc...?

14 hours ago, RandL said:

that's what we did  , Kitchenware , glassware , ornaments .... don't use description like  "Miscellaneous  Items"

If there's a variety of items in the box , I list them , print them out and stick the list on the box , then I kept a summary sheet with box 1 - this , box 2 - that and gave that to the movers.

We haven't decided where we going to go in WA yet.  We have lived there for over 25 years in many different places. Bring to stay within an hour of Perth - north of the river, was we have friends there.

oh great thats a good help, i guess the thing is to be as organised as you can with the things you can control around you so that your ready to pounce when everything else falls into place. Ive also done this move 2 times before although that was easy as i was young free and single so just packed a suitcase and got on a plane, totally different this time with a house, kids, schools etc to consider. We are committing to two years and just renting our house out in the UK, dont think i could deal with selling on top of everything else!

• Like 1

Good luck with your move .

For us this will be our  final move back into the sunshine.  I remember free and easy too, I think when you are younger it's all an adventure , if it doesn't work out there's plenty of time to try something else. When I went out the first time, I thought I give it a year , if I don't like it I'll go back, well that year lasted 25 years 🙂 .

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RandL said:

Now that Covid is kicking off in Australia , does anybody know how to transfer your NHS vaccination records to Medicare ? 

This should help a little - https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/overseas-immunisations?context=22436

If you’ve received an approved or recognised COVID-19 vaccine while overseas, you can have it recorded on the AIR when you get to Australia. It will then appear on all of the following:

• Like 1

On 07/01/2022 at 09:33, emmajane0429 said:

oh wow how stressful for you! i'm keeping everything crossed for February borders opening and i think they just have to open up now, its been so so long. Where abouts are you going to? are you all arranged with a place to stay etc...?

We are going to Perth! We hope to stay with friends for few days/weeks and then fingers crossed find a rental place… it is all a bit adventurous and improvised although we have “planned” the move for few years now! But with covid everything has to be last minute! We just can’t continue to put our lives on hold!