Still Waiting on Visa application

I applied for my 417 in June 2020 and have still not been approved, yet my (now) ex who applied on the same day had hers approved 2 weeks ago. My waiting time went from 3-6 months, then to 84 Days - 4 months, now the waiting time has completely disappeared...

Does anyone know what might be the hold up or anything I can do the check the status?

Hmm okay thanks... I didn't think either of us applied with a travel exemption and as far as I know we followed the exact same process.

It's weird that the waiting time had a period and has since been removed though? Is there anyone I can contact (without £3 a minute phonecall to the Aussie govt), like an email address or anything?

There is a two year backlog for many visa types, so some (short in your case) discrepancies in processing times are inevitable and understandable. There's little point in phoning, or indeed emailing, as they won't answer questions like why has my friend's visa been granted and mine hasn't. 

Processing times are still on the website - but they are pretty useless as an indicator at the moment:

25% Of Visas Processed 50% Of Visas Processed 75% Of Visas Processed 90% Of Visas Processed  
    Less than 1 day Less than 1 day 61 days 5 months  

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-processing-times/global-visa-processing-times

2 hours ago, JetBlast said:

I know someone who's wait for the 887 visa had past the 75% mark published on the website and approaching 90%. They used a form on the website(Global Feedback I think it was called) and a few days later they receive their grant.

Correlation is not causation 😉 but no harm in giving it a try.