Citizenship Ceremonies in South Australia

citseeker

With the current COVID situation in SA, does anyone know if SA is planning to carry out citizenship ceremonies?

Has anyone been given an invite for the oath in December? Would be great people from SA can use this thread as our processing times differ vastly to other states...

Timeline:

Application: 22nd September 2021
Invite for Interview and Test:  14th October 2021

Test Passed: 21st October 2021

Approval: 21st October 2021 (Within an hour)

Invitation for Ceremony: ?????

Council:  Salisbury Council

Hi 

We are in Onkaparinga Council. We were approved in October but have not heard anything regarding a ceremony date yet. We were hoping for Jan 26 but I don’t think that will happen now. 

our neighbours got their approval through around 3 weeks before us and they have their ceremony locked in for the 26th but not sure if that will now change with the current Covid situation 

• 3 weeks later...
On 09/01/2022 at 22:33, Curly said:

Hi 

We are in Onkaparinga Council. We were approved in October but have not heard anything regarding a ceremony date yet. We were hoping for Jan 26 but I don’t think that will happen now. 

our neighbours got their approval through around 3 weeks before us and they have their ceremony locked in for the 26th but not sure if that will now change with the current Covid situation 

A friend of mine who is scheduled for the ceremony tomorrow was told that it is now going to be a virtual one... don't know if that is good news or bad news for us...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...