Cat import permit

Tappers2oz

Wondering if anyone has been in a similar situation. My cat is an over groomer. Neither me or the vets know why, lots of ‘could be this, could be that’. (No it’s not fleas as he is regularly treated with flea medication and we’ve not seen a flea in the house in years and years). He is also an indoor cat so the chances of having fleas in the home is very low. He’s been suffering this on and off for a few years. Sometimes he lets it grow back, then it’s gone again. 😫

He’s well in himself other then he looks a bit like a plucked chicken on his back legs and stomach at the moment. Could this be something that he might fail his health check/import permit on? 

I genuinely don’t know but I wouldn’t  have thought so. Unless it’s likely to cause him an issue during the flight. They want to know he’s safe to fly and not a health hazard to local animals. He hasn’t got mange, which is diagnosable, so can’t see an issue but others might know different. 🤞he’ll be fine.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Amber Snowball said:

I genuinely don’t know but I wouldn’t  have thought so. Unless it’s likely to cause him an issue during the flight. They want to know he’s safe to fly and not a health hazard to local animals. He hasn’t got mange, which is diagnosable, so can’t see an issue but others might know different. 🤞he’ll be fine.

Thanks for the reply. That def makes sense (about safe to fly and health hazard thing). Will keep fingers crossed. 🤞🤞 

Edited by Tappers2oz
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Tappers2oz said:

Thanks for the reply. That def makes sense (about safe to fly and health hazard thing). Will keep fingers crossed. 🤞🤞 

Yonks ago when I shipped my dog to Oz they did blood tests, worm and flea from memory. Shipping my diabetic cat to the uk in 2018 it was pretty much the same. They don’t seem to get bogged down in detailed health. It’s not like the medical for people where there’s a potential cost to the Australian taxpayer and your vet can assess him so you take on the risk of the flight for him.  I would be optimistic he will be fine. 😀

• Like 2