ChrisJD

Asking for an extension before visa is cancelled

Hi guys

I’m currently on a partner visa (temporary at the moment) and my relationship has broken down and the government have been notified.  I have until mid January to reply to them, but I was wondering what flexibility they offer in terms allowing a visa to stay in place, or grant a bridging visa with work rights, until I am able to secure relocation to another country with my current employer?

My plan is to leave early Feb so would it be reasonable for me to ask them to extend my work rights until say 5th February until I am able to iron out all the details and approvals etc?

Thank you 

Generally speaking, as I don’t know the specifics of your situation, if you withdraw your 801 application, your 820 will cease and your bridging visa will activate and be valid for 35 days after the withdrawal is actioned. A quick professional consultation would be advisable to go over the facts of the matter. 

• Like 1

Paul Hand

Registered Migration Agent, MARN 1801974

SunCoast Migration Ltd

All comments are general in nature and do not constitute legal or migration advice. Comments may not be applicable or appropriate to your specific situation. Any comments relate to legislation and policy at date of post. 

49 minutes ago, paulhand said:

Generally speaking, as I don’t know the specifics of your situation, if you withdraw your 801 application, your 820 will cease and your bridging visa will activate and be valid for 35 days after the withdrawal is actioned. A quick professional consultation would be advisable to go over the facts of the matter. 

Thanks Paul.  Does the bridging visa maintain my working rights in most cases?

41 minutes ago, ChrisJD said:

Thanks Paul.  Does the bridging visa maintain my working rights in most cases?

This information is in the bridging visa grant letter. 

Paul Hand

Registered Migration Agent, MARN 1801974

SunCoast Migration Ltd

All comments are general in nature and do not constitute legal or migration advice. Comments may not be applicable or appropriate to your specific situation. Any comments relate to legislation and policy at date of post.