190 Visa EOI

Tez123

Hi I wanted to submit and EOI for a 190 visa for Victoria. However upon looking at the criteria on the Vic Government website it had changed, stating that you must already be living in Victoria. I therefore submitted an EOI for a 189 visa instead. I just wanted to check that I am correct in doing this and I am not missing something!? Sorry if this is a simple question I just wanted to be sure.

Thanks

Terence

Sounds right to me, in my completely unprofessional opinion!

What occupation are you applying under? What points do you have?

Others might have better advice with some more details. Unfortunately the states do change their requirements but there are a number of visas and it might be someone can suggest other pathways. Otherwise a bit of a chat with one of the registered migration agents on here might be a good idea depending on your 189 points and if you stand a chance of being invited or would be better applying for a different visa.

People will be along soon to comment I’m sure! Good luck!

9 hours ago, Tez123 said:

Hi I wanted to submit and EOI for a 190 visa for Victoria. However upon looking at the criteria on the Vic Government website it had changed, stating that you must already be living in Victoria. I therefore submitted an EOI for a 189 visa instead. I just wanted to check that I am correct in doing this and I am not missing something!? Sorry if this is a simple question I just wanted to be sure.

No harm in it but if you don't have more than 90 points (and for most occupations, you'll need 95/100), you're wasting your time.

Thanks for the replies everyone. I submitted my EOI for 189 in July. It is for occupation Gas Fitter which is on the MLTSSL. I have 80 points applying for a 189 Visa and obviously 85 with the extra 5 Points for a 190 Visa. I just wasn't sure whether there would be any point in me submitting an EOI for a 190 as I initially wanted to; as from reading the Government website it sounds like they are currently only accepting people already residing in Victoria.

2 hours ago, Tez123 said:

Thanks for the replies everyone. I submitted my EOI for 189 in July. It is for occupation Gas Fitter which is on the MLTSSL. I have 80 points applying for a 189 Visa and obviously 85 with the extra 5 Points for a 190 Visa. I just wasn't sure whether there would be any point in me submitting an EOI for a 190 as I initially wanted to; as from reading the Government website it sounds like they are currently only accepting people already residing in Victoria.

With only 80 points, you’ be wasting your time submitting for the 189. They don’t look at anyone with less than 90 points 

10 hours ago, Tez123 said:

Contact @paulhand who replied above. He will probably charge a small fee for a consultation but will give you an honest appraisal of your options. You can then decide to employ him to do all, some or none of your application.  Like I said there are a number of visas and Paul will know the ins and outs of them all.
The points recently for 189 have been very high, so 80 is unlikely to get an invite but doesn’t hurt to have the eoi in for now. 🤷‍♂️

Good luck

@Tez123, just to show you what I mean.  Here are the points you needed at the end of 2019 to get a 189 visa.  You would be under "other pro rata occupations".

Processing of 189 applications virtually ceased when Covid hit, so there is a massive backlog of applications.  As you know, it's a competition and only those with the highest points get picked, so the chances of getting picked with less than 90 points is probably even less now, than it was at the end of 2019.

https://iscah.com/will-get-189-invite-updated-predictions/

Thanks for the replies everyone it is much appreciated. Another question I have is if you have an EOI for a 190 Visa for one state; however then decide to remove it and create an EOI for a 190 Visa for another state, does this reflect badly even though you have deleted the previous one? Just like having two 190 EOI'S wouldn't be a good idea? Thank you very much @Marisawright for all of the information and thank you @Amber Snowball that is a good idea I will contact @paulhand for more advice.

Thank You

Terence

4 minutes ago, Tez123 said:

Thanks for the replies everyone it is much appreciated. Another question I have is if you have an EOI for a 190 Visa for one state; however then decide to remove it and create an EOI for a 190 Visa for another state, does this reflect badly even though you have deleted the previous one? Just like having two 190 EOI'S wouldn't be a good idea? Thank you very much @Marisawright for all of the information and thank you @Amber Snowball that is a good idea I will contact @paulhand for more advice.

Thank You

Terence

I can’t say for sure but surely if you withdraw an eoi that’s it, it’s gone. Another question for Paul maybe! 😀

All the best with your application. 👍