Vetassess- Electrician

ChrisPacket

Hi I’m new to the website 😇 after some help from what seems like a great community on here.

I’ve been in Australia 3 years and have finally got enough money to apply for the electrical vetassess .

I have the Skype interview soon and I’m just wondering if anyone can help me on what to revise and what to expect, I haven’t t done much electrical work since being in aus so I am abit rusty. I have 10  years experience in the UK but obviously college days feel like a distant memory.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanns allot

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Chris

Vetasses is pretty straight forward really. You will have a multiple choice question sheet to carry out with nothing too major on there from what I remember. When I did mine they also supply you with a sheet that has all the equations on there (I wish I had known that as I revised these). That was 6 years ago now though so not sure if that has changed. You will also do a skills test that had testing a tubular heater that also covered safe isolation, wiring a motor through motor control on a plug and play board and also a cubicle installation similar to the AM2 test in the UK but it’s very basic. 

I also did mine in the UK so not sure if there is many different processes. It is daunting but they are trying to help where they can so just take your time and try to relax and you should be fine especially if you have 10 years experience in the UK. 

Cheers

Craig