Could my application be denied? over 12 months away?

Tommy1990

Could my application be refused in this case?
CitizenshipApplication:

• Landed with a tourist Visa on 15 February 2019.
  • Been away from 10 March 2019 until 24 November 2019 where I re-entered Australia on the same previous Tourist Visa, which was still valid.
  • Soon will be going on holiday from 1 May 2022 until 7 August 2022

(PR received onshore in 2020).

I presume that because I will be out of Australia for a little bit over 12 months, between
15 February 2019 and 15 February 2023,  even if I apply a few days later,  my application
could still be denied since the overall amount of time spent within 4 years period since my arrival in Australia,
it is actually over the 12 months allowed?

2 hours ago, rammygirl said:

It isn’t since you arrived it is in the 4 years immediately prior to application.  If you enter the dates correctly it won’t let you proceed if you don’t meet the criteria.  
The 4 years does not re set.  You just need to wait until you meet the criteria.

Got it. 

So in case I am stuck abroad for a few extra months totaling the time spent out of Australia for more than 1 year, will I still be able to apply?

I read stories online where people applied and they got rejected because they spent too much time abroad