Question regard the quarantine in NSW

Albiteru

on or after day 6 after arriving in NSW”

so for you that will be 10th 

https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/Infectious/factsheets/Pages/recent-vaccinated-arrivals-guidelines.aspx

we landed 3 days ago so if you’ve any questions I’ll try to answer them if I can.  

Edited by FirstWorldProblems

11 hours ago, FirstWorldProblems said:

https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/Infectious/factsheets/Pages/recent-vaccinated-arrivals-guidelines.aspx

we landed 3 days ago so if you’ve any questions I’ll try to answer them if I can.  

We will be heading out in February - other than testing is there any other restrictions in place (like stay at home etc)?

It should be 3 days home quarantine, with 1 covid test within the first 24 hours then another one after 6 days, and it is recommended another one after 14 days (optional)
In the 3 days of quarantine, you can only go outside to get tested or emergency. 
(Hoping that those rules don't change)

13 hours ago, FirstWorldProblems said:

Do you have to provide the result to anyone? 👀

12 hours ago, Ausvisitor said:

We will be heading out in February - other than testing is there any other restrictions in place (like stay at home etc)?

Rules change frequently and what is in place today is unlikely to be the same in February.  They also differ state by state. But right now for NSW:

- supervised PCR test from an accredited centre 72 hours or less from the time of flight departure

- 3 days in strict isolation. They call and come visit the property to check 

- day 1 PCR test

- day 6 PCR test

- those not double vaccinated have a more restrictive isolation and some airlines (Singapore) won’t carry them

- can’t visit high risk areas (hospitals, care homes, schools) for 7 days 

- if someone in your flight tests positive after arrival, everyone on that flight gets called and put back into isolation for 7 days from arrival. 

11 hours ago, Albiteru said:

Do you have to provide the result to anyone? 👀

Yes.  When you go to the test centre you register with the same details you used on your Australian Travel Declaration (required before you depart for Aus).   The test system authenticates you by sending you a QR code that just must use for the test at the centre.

the centre will check your ID against the details registered to the QR code.   

2 hours ago, Kayleighjx said:

Sorry to jump on this post but can you please tell me which company you used for you pre-departure test in the UK? It’s such a minefield and I don’t want to choose one that Qantas or Australia won’t accept. Thank you

Hey! 
You have to your PCR test (of course negative) 3 days before. 
I'm from Italy. I have just looked for a clinic that performs that type of test. It doesn't matter which clinic but only the PCR TEST, written in English with your personal details.
I have booked a test 5 and 1 days before my departure, (I prefer to spend extra money, in case I have to postpone my flight).

Coronavirus (COVID-19) FAQs – international travellers to Australia | Australian Government Department of Health

Do I still need to have a pre-departure COVID-19 PCR test if I have had a COVID-19 vaccine?

Yes, you still need to give evidence of a negative COVID-19 PCR test result even if you have been vaccinated.

What type of pre-departure test do I need to have before boarding my flight?

At check-in, you must provide proof of an accepted negative supervised laboratory COVID-19 PCR test using a respiratory sample or saliva. Accepted tests include Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR), which may also be reported as RT-PCR or PCR.

Are Rapid Antigen Tests (RATs) accepted?

No. These are not accepted.

Are serology tests accepted?

No. These are not accepted.

Is a saliva-based PCR test accepted?

Yes, this is accepted.

Is the negative COVID-19 PCR test required no more than 3 days before boarding my flight or before arrival in Australia? 

The COVID-19 PCR test must be done no more than 3 days before the scheduled departure time of your flight (or your first flight, if you have one or more connecting flights booked for your travel to Australia).

Edited by Albiteru

8 hours ago, Kayleighjx said:

Sorry to jump on this post but can you please tell me which company you used for you pre-departure test in the UK? It’s such a minefield and I don’t want to choose one that Qantas or Australia won’t accept. Thank you

I’ve used Expresstest drive thru twice and they were superb both times.  Really efficient, very friendly and superbly organised.  I shall be using them again for our post-return to U.K. test