You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Stuju

Disaster in driveway.........thanking my lucky stars my hubby is ok

Today i am feeling like one very lucky lady,after last nights disaster the only part of my hubby that is injured is his ego.

Not really sure what happened it all happened so quick,but we have a very very steep driveway & last night it was very wet from all the rain.

Hubby was bringing the car down & the next thing he knows my lovely mazda 6 has a mangeled front end in colision with hubbys work ute.

After we had both stopped panicking from the shock, hubby rang his boss - yep an aussie, who all he could do was laugh his socks off !!!! :wacko:

At 5am this morning hubby tries to set off for work but his ute is still in the garage with my poor car stuck up its arse, so we call the tow men & by 6.15am they are here with us waking up the street.

Oh what joy life gives us, still it could of been alot worse & as it wasnt for that i am thankful for -

Guess the long short of it all is live in a property with a decent flat driveway & take extra care when its wet.

Thankfully for hubby, its our wedd aniversary tomorrow so i wont shoot him this time !!!

Take care Guys & Gals you never know whats round the corner.

Ju x (stuju)

• Like 1

** Here There,Where Ever Be Happy**

Guest sheena

hi julie! glad you are both ok!! thats the main thing, cars can be replaced, lives cant!!!

sheena :wubclub:

Glad your both ok Ju,bet your glad it wasnt you behind the wheel ,you wouldnt hear the last of it!!!lol

Cal x

If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place...

If you get a chance,take it, If it changes your life,let it. Nobody said it would be easy they just said it would be worth it...

That's terrible, you have such a nice car! Glad no-one was injured though, most important thing. Lets hope the laid back auusie attitude isn't adopted by your insurance company getting it sorted out!

Jo x

Guest taffy 62

Oh your poor car:cry:

At least no one was hurt thats the main thing.

Thats the trouble with steep driveways things like this can happen.

I'm going to make sure my next house is on the flat!

Guest Jaynie

It looks like mine did Julie and I never had the excuse of a steep driveway! lol Just a blonde moment for me, mine got fixed in about 7days, the groan from the engine was painful to hear when it happened.:spinny:

Guest LyndaG

Hi Julie

Just glad you are both ok, chat soon

Lynda x

oooh Julie but as everyone says at least no-one was hurt....thanks for the tip, get a flat driveway, I will remember that.

Wendyx

Guest pag44

Ouch!! But glad you all safe and well (apart from hubbys pride maybe!)

Michelle

At least everyone is safe...but you know what to expect from your hubby as an ann iversary present :yes:

Glad you're ok stu & Ju - we stayed in a rental for 3 months when we arrived, it was the only house on the street that couldn't be seen as you also had to go down a very steep driveway - I hated it - and I hated backing out of it every morning - always thought i was going to hit something.

Ali

I just want PIO to be a happy place where people are nice to each other and unicorns poop rainbows

Guest traybears

oh no,what a nightmare.glad your both ok.tracy.xx.

Guest Graham&kym

Thank Gawd you wernt on the freeway!

Glad your both ok Ju,bet your glad it wasnt you behind the wheel ,you wouldnt hear the last of it!!!lol

Cal x

See you can tell all these responses are from women because although we all know that cars ar just material things and you can't replace life but you are so right would the men have the same response. I think not! I ran over a dog on the way home from work last week. There is a traveller (single) parked up in a field just outside of the village as I went past their caravan their Jack Russell came running across the road. Its a 40mph speed limit there but fortuanatly I was only doing about 25mph as I know there is a nasty corner coming up. Anyway I didnt manage to stop in time and hit it. I was distraught I phoned my Husband and told him. I picked the pooch up and put him on the grass verge and ran to the caravan where its owner was completley not bothered. By the time both of us got back the dog had stood up and was walking around. I was in tears I love dogs she really couldnt care. I got back in the car and got home in bits my OH's first question......did it dent the car? :twitcy:

Thanks everyone for your thoughful replies,

just waiting to hear from the insurance company as to what is going to happen,

poor car is a bit of a mess, radiator & airconditioning pushed back into the engine,bumper,headlights,wings & bonnet all knacked, dashboard had it & windscreen smashed along with a few other bits too.

Fingers crossed the insurance man is a nice guy !!!!

stuju

Glad Stu is okay, Ju!

And happy anniversary too!

Mrs Tyke xx

"You Can Tell A Yorkshire Lass, You Just Cannot Tell Her Much "

Glad Stu is okay, Ju!

And happy anniversary too!

Mrs Tyke xx

Thank you Mrs Tyke

x

Some flowers for you, Ju... 1041811244_de828aaa68_o.jpg

...And a nice stiff drink for Stu !!

whisky-gentry-style.jpg

Mrs Tyke xx

"You Can Tell A Yorkshire Lass, You Just Cannot Tell Her Much "

Guest Jaynie

Julie........I for one would be very interested how they deal with your claim, will you please keep us posted? thanks............:wubclub:

Hi All

So far we have heard from the Smash Repairers that it will cost $13,000 to repair our car :arghh: & have been told there would of been less damage & cheaper if the car had gone into a wall or something else & not the rear of the ruddy ute (tough things these utes)

we are still waiting for the assessor to go out & look at the car - hopefully he will be there soon & get things on the move

its so hard getting to work etc without a car & having to rely on other peeps ( feel like my right arm has been cut off)

So will keep you posted & hope we have some good news soon

stuju

Hi Ju

Only just seen your post. You poor thing. Like everyone else has said at least you are both ok. Oh and thank god it was Stu driving and not you....you know what men are like you would never have heard the end of it!! lol

Take care hun

Deb xx

Hi, :arghh:

Well its now been 3 weeks since my hubby wrecked my lovely car - still waiting to hear from the insurance co as to when we will get a payout & how much, they told us over a week ago now that they were going to write the car off as their total for repairs was $15000 and the car was only valued at $18,500 - just wish they would let us know so we can start looking round for another car as we dont have any figures from the insurance co yet to play with

By the way this is a rather big insurance co in Queensland by the way who i don't think we will be using again !!!

stuju

Guest Jaynie
Hi, :arghh:

Well its now been 3 weeks since my hubby wrecked my lovely car - still waiting to hear from the insurance co as to when we will get a payout & how much, they told us over a week ago now that they were going to write the car off as their total for repairs was $15000 and the car was only valued at $18,500 - just wish they would let us know so we can start looking round for another car as we dont have any figures from the insurance co yet to play with

By the way this is a rather big insurance co in Queensland by the way who i don't think we will be using again !!!

stuju

Hi Julie,

Thanks for keeping us posted and you now know who to use next time, so come and see me I'll look after you!

This is terrible feedback from a large Insurance Company in the way they are handling your claim, they should be ashamed!!:wubclub:

Update,

Hubby finally received the long awaited phone call from the insurance co, who made hubby a pay out offer with a response i wanna buy more than a skateboard with an engine !!!!

Huummmmmmm so the insurance co puts hubby on hold while they surf the net for prices of the same car here in nsw for sale, after 15mins insurance guy comes back with a final offer - of which hubby has no choice but to except.

The total repairs ended up as $15,000 - our payout is $15,407

So now the wait begins for the cheque so we can go out & buy another car & i cant wait, hated every minute of being car less, feels like my right arm has been cut off.

Fingers crossed i will be whizzzing around again soon on a brand new spanking skateboard with engine !!! LOL

stuju