Returning to Uk advice wanted

Katttie

Planing on returning to the Uk from Australia in the next 3 months. I’m thinking about bringing home my Toyota Land Cruiser 200 series can anyone give me any advice on this. As a returning expat can I bring thIs car home tax free? 

and any other advice would be brilliant 

thanks 

As vehicles here hold their value much more than UK, i would look into what it would cost to ship, what it would cost to insure (it will classed as a grey import) and what resale cost would be over there if you decided to sell it. They are awesome cars (we have one but a different series) i wouldnt think about taking it to the UK though as where we lived the streets are too small with lots of double parking for a big thing like a cruiser,haha.. Also check out fuel costs in comparison to here and if it would be affordable to run.

Cal x

• Like 3

In fact at the moment second hand cars in Australia are often selling for more than the new price, because new cars are very hard to get at the moment and often have a 6 month wait.

The Landcruiser if in good condition will be worth a lot of money too as lots of people want the V8 which is not available in the new 300 series.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...