Parley

The Ashes 2021-22

On 14/01/2022 at 04:20, beketamun said:

Billings should be in, seems to have been a bit of a mess until Buttler and Bairstow got injured.  Billings was pulled out early to go home and then onto the West Indies for T20, then told 90 minutes before his flight from Brisbane to head to Sydney and join up with the Test team.   

There was a big article in a British newspaper how he had to pick up a hire car from Coolongatta,  drive to Coffs, stay overnight, and then onto Sydney via Newcastle....a marathon 500 miles !   They made it sound as if he were walking to the North Pole, when Aussies do this drive in a vest and flip flops in one go.

I drove Canberra/Perth return in a Sigma without cruise control for a solitary race. .  

• Haha 1

On 14/01/2022 at 10:51, Bulya said:

I drove Canberra/Perth return in a Sigma without cruise control for a solitary race. .  

did you win?

2 hours ago, beketamun said:

did you win?

Helper, and yes we did.  Back in the 80’s when I was young and mad and company petrol was free.  Cramped repeatedly on the way home from days on end pressing the accelerator.  Definitely not something I’d attempt these days…

On 14/01/2022 at 10:51, Bulya said:

Posted at 18:52

Eng 88-5

He might not get many runs, but I like Sam Billings. He brought good energy to England in the field. This time last week he drove down the east coast of Australia to play in this game. His Test career is away with a couple off Cummins.

😁

• Like 1

I heard England want to employ Novak Djokovic as their next cricket coach.

They are impressed that it took Australia 2 weeks to get him out.

• Like 1

Buy a man eat fish. The Day, Teach Man, to lifetime.      - Joe Biden.