Which shipping company?

Elayna

Hello all we are finally at the stage of shipping some of our household to Australia... I say some as we won't be shipping any white goods no mattresses no lounge or recliners some basic bedroom items and a variety of boxes and other equipment my husband wishes to take with him.  I wonder has anyone had some recent experience on shipping and current costs I realise they are there times what they once were.  We are deciding on one large move cube or a company that part shares a container.  Any and all information please and approx costs.  Thanks in advance 

The Movecube is a fixed cost so it's easy to find out how much that will be.   The only thing you have to watch for is that there are extra clearance costs when the shipment arrives in Australia, which no one can predict so it's always in the small print somewhere as extra. 

If you're sturggling to find out the cost of the Movecube then perhaps you're on the wrong section of their website.  They have a section where you can get a quote for shipping boxes, too.

Just be prepared for things to take longer than normal.  Our house was packed up on the 8th September, made it into a container mid October, and finally shipped on the 8th November.  Will arrive in Australia just before Christmas, but we wont get our stuff until early Jan at best I think, so close to 4 months.  We were lucky to find a furnished rental quickly (there aren't many about).  Without it I am not sure what we would be doing.  We will have to store about half our stuff when it comes until the end of our lease, but it beats buying half your stuff over again.  Even in furnished we have probably spend about $10k on stuff already, although that has included long term outdoor furniture and BBQ purchases. 

11 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

Just be prepared for things to take longer than normal.  Our house was packed up on the 8th September, made it into a container mid October, and finally shipped on the 8th November.  Will arrive in Australia just before Christmas, but we wont get our stuff until early Jan at best I think, so close to 4 months.  We were lucky to find a furnished rental quickly (there aren't many about).  Without it I am not sure what we would be doing.  We will have to store about half our stuff when it comes until the end of our lease, but it beats buying half your stuff over again.  Even in furnished we have probably spend about $10k on stuff already, although that has included long term outdoor furniture and BBQ purchases. 

I remember when I came out there was a strike at the docks in Brisbane. A container that left the UK in early October was finally delivered to me at the end of February, having spent nearly 3 months waiting for customs clearance.

Thanks for the reply.. I'm not to worried I have a house I rent out currently so not bri going a huge amount I have done the researxj and had a move cube quote already just wanted to see if any other companies compared.  We plan living in family second home for a year so no worry on delays I wl it need anyrhi g for a good six months or even more.  Well aware if huge delays in these times. 

11 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

Thank you Jon yes I am aware of massive delays at this stage in the process.  Luckily we do not need our things for over 6 or more months which is perfect fine.  Yes have thought we will need approx 10 grand with what we have to get a start on some household stuff and this will only be the tip of the iceburg but are giving ourselves a year before we need that money after the sale of a house before purchasing elsewhere so have thought it all through just still after any other suggestions of people other than move cube who I have thoroughly researched... Cheers for your thoughts x