Glasgow Practical over!!!!Time for more waiting!!!!!!!!

Guest Tam-and-Andi

Guest Tam-and-Andi

Hi all,

Well he made it home. Tired and hungry. They did not get offered the option of a break, so worked through.

He says the men testing them were really friendly and helpful, so just have to wait and see now, so fingers crossed.

I would like to say a big thankyou to everyone who gave him the good wishes and were thinking of him today, he is just glad it is all over.

He took a big hammer to his practice roof in the garden and he said it felt good.

Good luck to everyone who is still waiting to do the test, and all those who are waiting for results.

Take care.

Andi.x:wubclub:

Guest jogrant3232

Have a couple of pints Tam i am sure you derserve them, i am sure you have passed with flying colours.

Guest Tam-and-Andi
Have a couple of pints Tam i am sure you derserve them, i am sure you have passed with flying colours.

Hi,

I went and bought him a case of larger and had it chilling in the fridge when he came home, and as soon as he walked in our eldest went to the fridge and went "here you go daddy", he didn't even need to ask (the wee doll).

Just keeping everything crossed now, will keep you posted though.

Oh and thanks for a great day on Saturday, what a friendly bunch of people you are:wubclub: you all made us feel very welcome.

Take care and hope to speak soon.

Andi xx

Guest scots-in-oz!

Bet you're glad that's over Tam! Enjoy your beer & let us know when you get your results back! Fingers crossed, but I'm sure you're done well!!!

Mags:wubclub:

x

Guest Tam-and-Andi
Bet you're glad that's over Tam! Enjoy your beer & let us know when you get your results back! Fingers crossed, but I'm sure you're done well!!!

Mags:wubclub:

x

Hi Mags,

He is over the moon its all over, and thanks, just shattered so off for sleeps now.

Take care and hope to speak soon.

Andi. x

Guest niblick

Hi There

I am from the Bridgend area. All our forms are in the hands of the Aussie migration people and have been for some time, we hope to get a positive result by Christmas(this coming Christmas).

My skills visa is for Electrician special class, but when I get there I would like be a regular electrician. I am embarking on the City and Guilds 3rd year in Sept and will complete that before going to OZ. Will I need to complete the 17th edition and inspection and testing as well? I am 43 years old and have been "domestic sparking" for the last 2 years.

You seem to have sat a practical test. What is that for and what did it entails? was there a lot of written work or only practical? How long did it take? Will you be able to aply for an Aussie sparks licence before you go?

Thanks

Welsh Jeff

Guest Tam-and-Andi

Hi Welsh Jeff,

I am sorry but I can not really answer all your questions as my OH did carpentry practical, you would be better starting your own thread asking the questions so an electrician could help better than me, sorry.

OHs test lasted all day, he had to be in Glasgow for 8am and got finished around 5.30pm, but would have been later if they had stopped for breaks.

He had all practical stuff to do, and throughout the day he got taken away to answer questions.

I would think every practical would be different though time wise, so again I feel an electrician would better help you as I am not sure about this trade.

Sorry I could not be more help, but hope have helped in some way.

Andi.

Guest Mark and Ginny

Hi Tam,Glad to hear things went well. Great to meet you both at the meet, let us know when you find out you've passed. Hope things run smoothly from now on,

Mark and Ginny

Guest fergie family

Hi Andi & Tam

The best of luck and I have eveything crossed for you Let me know when you get the results. When OH passes which I am sure he will that will be another hurdle over with and you can get your visa in.

Susan

Guest Tam1970

Hi Tam & Andi,

Good Luck hope all goes well.

Did they give you any indication on long it would be before they let you know Tam's result's?

Guest Tam-and-Andi

Hi Mark and Ginny,

It was lovely to meet you too, so many nice people, we had a great time.

Hopefully things will work out for us this time:yes:, just keeping fingers crossed.

Hope you are both ok, Take care and hope to speak soon.

also,

Hi Fergie family,

Thanks for the good luck wishes.

Hope things are going ok for you, take care and hopefully speak soon.

also,

Hi Mel.R,

Thanks for the wishes, and hopefully the wait will not be too long.

Congratulations with everything for you also.

Thanks to everyone who has wished Tam good luck, and are keeping fingers crossed for him, it means alot to know we are thought of.

Thanks.

Andi. xxx

Guest Steve&Mandy

fingers crossed for u Tam and hope u sailed through the test. The ammount of tests that youve had u could become an examiner lol. If it makes u feel better am gonna try to get the job u have lined up in mornington lol. They already said they would pay me £1 an hour less so am gonna be on £2 an hour. Cant wait. Good luck and hope to speak soon

Steve

PS the next meet is gonna be in Melbourne when the thistle bunch can get themselves over to oz lol.

Guest Tam-and-Andi

Hi Steve,

Thanks for that message, you made me smile, I will show Tam when he comes home from work.

Bet you are getting really excited now!!

Would you mind PMing me your details you were giving out on Saturday, as I think Tam put it in his jeans, and me being me and not checking, went and washed the jeans, so don't think I have it anymore.

Would love to keep in touch if we make it over.

Take care and hopefully speak soon.

Andi x

• 6 months later...
Guest kingjohn

Hi Tam & Andi

I'm from coatbridge and sitting my practical on 20th feb in blackburn . would really appreciate it if you could give me any info on what you got tested on at the exam and did you pass

cheers John

Guest Tam-and-Andi
Hi Tam & Andi

I'm from coatbridge and sitting my practical on 20th feb in blackburn . would really appreciate it if you could give me any info on what you got tested on at the exam and did you pass

cheers John

Hi John,

OH had to make a saw stool, part construct a hip and a gable roof on a sheet of ply to sizes given from the accessor.

Identify framing components from a drawing and identify scaffolding components from a drawing.

Set out pattern stud for wall with a door and a window with everything clearly marked, this is only to be drawn out not cut.

He had to sharpen a chisel, using a hand saw cut some timber, cut timber with a power saw and cross cut same with power saw, and straighten with electric planner.

During the day he was taken out and asked various questions, but I would expect this would be different from person to person.

Hope this helps.

Yes he has now passed, our visa is lodged, he has a job offer and we are just waiting for a CO now.

Good luck for the 20th.

Take care.

Andi.

Guest kingjohn

Hi Andi ,

Thanks for your reply , it gives me a better idea as to what to expect . Can you ask Tam is there time limits on each task and was it an end elevation of a roof he had to draw . Hope the rest of your emigration procedure goes smoothly .

All the best for now,

John

Guest Tam-and-Andi

Hi John,

Tam says he did not have time limits for each thing, but make sure you don't run out of time for the end of the day. Tam says you should not run out of time, he worked right through from 8am till 6pm none stop, and all his work was completed. It was a hard day, but it is worth it.

He did not have to draw a roof, he had to part construct a hip and a gable roof on a sheet of ply to sizes given from the accessor.

Hope this helps.

Take care.

Andi.

Archived