Return resident visa

RJR

Hi

I had PR for Australia subclass 190 from India back in 2016 which got expired in March 2021.

I stayed in Australia for 7 months and had to come back to India as my sister was diagnosed with terminal cancer.

I am planning to travel back to Australia on RRV 155/157. What are my chances?

You will need to demonstrate that you have substantial ties to Australia which are of benefit to Australia. Depending on when you were last in Australia you may need to demonstrate that you have compelling reasons for your absence of over 5 years. This timing will also affect whether you are eligible for a 157 if your 155 application is unsuccessful. 

On 12/11/2021 at 22:00, RJR said:

Just to add we wish to make an investment of $300000 this time in Adelaide as we are selling off our house in India

This won’t make a difference.

But as someone who is looking to buy a house in Adelaide you will need much more than this. Probably double to find a reasonable house in a reasonable suburb. 

On 14/11/2021 at 10:16, JetBlast said:

This won’t make a difference.

But as someone who is looking to buy a house in Adelaide you will need much more than this. Probably double to find a reasonable house in a reasonable suburb. 

Tell me about it houses near us are going for silly money hundreds of thousands more than asking prices! And more boards appeared last week.

To the OP promising an investment won’t help but having a significant sum in an Aus bank, a rental or work contract would help with significant ties.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, RJR said:

Hi, 

I have finally been granted visa 155 and intend to take my parents and fiancee along. I wish to take my girlfriend along on visitor visa? Do I have to sponser her?

She can visit on a tourist visa but if you want her to stay with you long-term, she will need a partner visa.

Edited by Marisawright