People in Melbourne waiting - let’s unite

Sgarnon

If you like many other people I have spoken to are feeling like your citizenship application have been delayed for so long that it feels like it’s been forgotten, with months and years of waiting time piling up and no hope in sight, let’s our voices be heard

- Write to your local mps explaining your situation

- Carbon copy or write to the Hon Karen Andrews MP (Minister for Home Affairs)

- Carbon copy or write to the Hon Alex Hawke MP (minister for immigration, citizenship, Migrant Services and Multicultural Affairs)

- Write to the press (ABC, Herald Sun, The Age, etc)

- Call the immigration call centre

Let’s do something. It’s just not right that the rest of the country is progressing with the tests and ceremonies as usual, while here in Melbourne we’re all stuck at pre-lockdown numbers

Edited by Sgarnon

Can we include when people in Melbourne applied. It would give us an opportunity to understand how big the delay is. I applied in Feb 2021, but I can see from other threads there are people waiting much longer than this.

With processing time for applications via conferral being between 9 - 16 months, they will not look into your case when you call for an update providing its within that window. You just get told to wait. My application has never moved passed received status.

4 hours ago, Sgarnon said:

I rang the immi number and they told me they expect the work in the Melbourne office to resume “end of November”

This is insane. U was hoping they were  processing applications already.

End of November then Christmas break and hopefully no new snap lockdown in the new year. The miserable state of Victoria

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, TheAdorable said:

Does anyone know if the test centres in Melbourne are reopened?

I won’t be surprised if State emergency is extended to 2077.

Last time I called they said they should reopen end of November but I doubt that would change our predicament given the Christmas break and the fact that they still may have 50% capacity or some other Covid drama restriction. Living in Melbourne sucks, literally everything now is way below standard compared to the rest of the country

Edited by Sgarnon