Returning citizens to Australia

patsmb

Not me but  friends who are in the UK at the minute They plan to come back to Oz in December and have a direct16 hour  flight to Perth booked with Quantas from Heathrow 

They recently applied for the G2G pass and were knocked back the reply stated they do not meet the criteria Both are double vacinated  and had a booster Both are citizens too

My thinking is should they have completed the Dept of Human Affairs travel form before the G2G ?

Would appreciate any input thanks 

Edited by patsmb

On 12/11/2021 at 20:27, talktosi said:

Do they have a flight booked ? The only flights that qantas are offering in December are direct flight to Darwin, then internal to Perth.

Qantas did originally list the non-stop flight as LHR-Perth, same as pre-pandemic. Due to the WA border issues though they are moving the flights to Darwin, but haven't said if this is a permanent move. I know someone who is booked to go home in May and the flight is ticketed as from Perth, but Qantas said she may well get moved at some point from Perth to Darwin, with her domestic connecting flight moved too. They just aren't moving flights too far ahead until they see how the border closures pan out. 

The OP's friends may well think they are booked non-stop to Perth but they are far more likely to be moved and be landing in Darwin, with a domestic transfer to Perth.

On 12/11/2021 at 10:22, patsmb said:

Not me but  friends who are in the UK at the minute They plan to come back to Oz in December and have a direct16 hour  flight to Perth booked with Quantas from Heathrow 

They recently applied for the G2G pass and were knocked back the reply stated they do not meet the criteria Both are double vacinated  and had a booster Both are citizens too

My thinking is should they have completed the Dept of Human Affairs travel form before the G2G ?

Would appreciate any input thanks 

Thanks everyone -friends now have G2G pass confirmed and as far as i know it is the direct Heathrow -Perth flight they have booked They did i beleive upload the ticket to get the pass but nothing has been said as to the flight being diverted to Darwin Only time will tell I guess 

Our friends rang Qantas and we’re told no it’s still a direct flight to Perth from Heathrow But the direct flight out now goes from Darwin to Heathrow In some ways I think the left hand does not know what the right is doing Time will tell I suppose 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...