Want to migrate/move my parents to australia

Zeehayder

It’s getting ridiculous now !! Just seen a post where someone applied 143 in 2018 and is Currently  in Australia on 870 which ends late next year. 
I don’t know how this loophole happened but instead of having to leave next year when 870 ends (and borders will be open)  they’ve managed to get Covid concession to get bridging visa after 870 ends !! 
Meanwhile  the rest of us are stuck waiting offshore !! It’s very unfair. I really hope the senate enquiry has a good look at all this . 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, LindaH27 said:

It’s getting ridiculous now !! Just seen a post where someone applied 143 in 2018 and is Currently  in Australia on 870 which ends late next year. 
I don’t know how this loophole happened but instead of having to leave next year when 870 ends (and borders will be open)  they’ve managed to get Covid concession to get bridging visa after 870 ends !! 
Meanwhile  the rest of us are stuck waiting offshore !! It’s very unfair. I really hope the senate enquiry has a good look at all this . 

I have just seen the same post Linda and made exactly the same comments to my husband.  We are absolutely astonished!  I am seeing an endless stream of bridging visa grants on that forum it's driving me mad.  I thought the whole point of these bridging visas was to keep people legal whilst all the travel restrictions were in place - why should someone be granted one when they don't even have to leave until the end of next year!  What is also very frustrating is that those of us waiting patiently for any progress on our visas offshore have not had the luxury of seeing our family for now almost 2 years and all these folks have been onshore during that time but still seem to moan about their problems. The immigration department must be snowed under with these bridging visa applications at the moment - I wish they could just be focusing on exemption requests and tourist visas for those of us just desperate to see our families. 

Edited by Sue 320
Spelling
  • Like 3