Cost of building in or around Hobart

Russ1976

Can anybody, from recent experience, tell me what the average building costs per sqm or square foot are in Hobart or surrounds. I am not interested in cost of land/ plot or other areas, specifically Hobart and suburbs only. To include slab and structure only as we are aware ‘finishes’ are dependant of materials and budget. Also, like most areas, I would expect there to be a wait or shortage of house builders, however from personal experience can anybody offer me what sort of timescales we may be looking at from finding and builder and starting the build. Again, we are aware of the plans, buying land etc, so we are only interested in timescales of finding a builder to then completing a project, based on an 8 month build. Thanks.

1 hour ago, Marisawright said:

No personal experience but I've read that it's a nightmare trying to find a builder in Hobart currenlty.  

I never believe to much what I read, rather first hand experience or ‘personal ‘ experience. Thanks for reading though.

33 minutes ago, CornishDoc said:

At fee proposal stage for a new build in July 2021 I was told by an architect to allow 3-3.5k per square metre for mid/higher-end. I’m not pursuing this route so I can’t comment on the accuracy.  

Thank you for your response. Was this in or around Hobart?