Perthbum

20/20 World Cup cricket

21 hours ago, Tulip1 said:

I did pick up on the fact that when you started the post few showed any interest.  They appeared to either not know it was on, it was the wrong times,  only people that don’t like ‘real’ cricket watch it etc.   I’m sure it had nothing to do with them getting a bashing 🤔 and it suddenly became popular once Australia started doing well 🙂 

Still,  congratulations to Australia on a great win.  

In retrospect, I agree with Tulip. If you are a PIO then you can please yourself with either England or Australia. Or you can simply wait in silence for the outcome and decide whether or not to claim a victory for either the England or Australian team.  Additionally, its very easy to back a winner when they are only halfway through a World Cup event, at which point some of us can change canoes mid stream.

If you are a genuine fan then pick a team or a sportsperson and stick with them through thick and thin, Cheer their victories, and cry with them when they lose, but stick with them. I did both.

Respects also to Perthbum who is obviously a one-eyed England supporter. Now that is what we want. No dithering around.  

Edited by Dusty Plains

21 hours ago, Tulip1 said:

I did pick up on the fact that when you started the post few showed any interest.  They appeared to either not know it was on, it was the wrong times,  only people that don’t like ‘real’ cricket watch it etc.   I’m sure it had nothing to do with them getting a bashing 🤔 and it suddenly became popular once Australia started doing well 🙂 

Still,  congratulations to Australia on a great win.  

Purely the time for me - as I get up at 5 am so anything after midnight is a no-no for me

• Like 1

I just want PIO to be a happy place where people are nice to each other and unicorns poop rainbows

On 14/11/2021 at 19:53, Robert Dyson said:

in hindsight that looks like a good victory for England against the world champions.

England would beat oz 9 times out of 10 in 20/20, they beat them with 10 overs to spare and oz won the toss and put england in to bat

Drinking rum before 11am does not make you an alcoholic, it makes you pirate..

4 hours ago, Dusty Plains said:

In retrospect, I agree with Tulip. If you are a PIO then you can please yourself with either England or Australia. Or you can simply wait in silence for the outcome and decide whether or not to claim a victory for either the England or Australian team.  Additionally, its very easy to back a winner when they are only halfway through a World Cup event, at which point some of us can change canoes mid stream.

If you are a genuine fan then pick a team or a sportsperson and stick with them through thick and thin, Cheer their victories, and cry with them when they lose, but stick with them. I did both.

Respects also to Perthbum who is obviously a one-eyed England supporter. Now that is what we want. No dithering around.  

I should imagine the vast majority on here are england supporters as that is where they were born and grew up

Drinking rum before 11am does not make you an alcoholic, it makes you pirate..

On 14/11/2021 at 20:04, Parley said:

I'm sure you will join me in congratulating the new World Champions......Australia.

I love it when Australia wins anything.

I also love that Australia gave the world the rotary washing line.

On 17/11/2021 at 00:57, Perthbum said:

England would beat oz 9 times out of 10 in 20/20, they beat them with 10 overs to spare and oz won the toss and put england in to bat

wrong again, but it's over and you lost.  Please close thread.

• Like 1

What a fantastic match last night India vs Pakistan? The ultimate T20 match.

Kohli is a master.

India were a bit lucky in some ways though. I don't like the rule that Kohli was bowled and ran 3 runs. A bit farcical.

Still a very exciting match.

• Thanks 1

Buy a man eat fish. The Day, Teach Man, to lifetime.      - Joe Biden.

8 hours ago, Jadgit Rai said:

it warm up now,

More like washed out!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, unzippy said:

NZ ENG final again?

NZ and England have never met in the final before

1 hour ago, welljock said:

NZ and England have never met in the final before

yeah that was 50 over world cup right?

On 08/11/2022 at 23:24, unzippy said:

🙄

who do you think will be in the final, pedants?

The two P’s. 

2 hours ago, Jadgit Rai said:

Pakistan / India.  best batters and bowlers left.

Could be right on this.  Pakistan through to the final after some inspired bowling and fielding.  If it is an India / Pakistan final the MCG will be packed and very noisy.

Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain but it takes character and self control to be understanding and forgiving.

Dale Carnegie – 1888-1955, Author and Lecturer

Fingers crossed the weather holds out, not looking very cricket friendly in Melbourne for Sunday...

4 minutes ago, unzippy said:

That's how you play cricket😎

Yes, my husband was pretty pleased.

I was right, again, oh and the poms will win the final easily.  

Easy win for England, cracking atmosphere and some very quiet Indian fans 

My barmy army sister in law called to ask if we were at the cricket in Adelaide. She was listening in Uk before going to work. We weren’t there although it was a perfect evening as we were busy with overseas visitors from Argentina (who understandably were not into cricket!). She was driving to a meeting in another city so got to hear the whole match as it turned out.

She loves the cricket and has a happy birthday video from a test match featuring some of the great guys wishing her well, including Warnie! Made by a mate in the media a wonderful keepsake and a fab surprise gift!

• Like 2

So many wineries ......so little time :yes:

14 hours ago, rammygirl said:

My barmy army sister in law called to ask if we were at the cricket in Adelaide. She was listening in Uk before going to work. We weren’t there although it was a perfect evening as we were busy with overseas visitors from Argentina (who understandably were not into cricket!). She was driving to a meeting in another city so got to hear the whole match as it turned out.

She loves the cricket and has a happy birthday video from a test match featuring some of the great guys wishing her well, including Warnie! Made by a mate in the media a wonderful keepsake and a fab surprise gift!

1st cricket game I’ve been to and managed to get our seats with the barmy army.

Good atmosphere and nice that both sets of fans get on unlike footy.

• Like 1