Perthbum

20/20 World Cup cricket

4 hours ago, NicF said:

It would be but Australia have to beat Pakistan first.

They won’t 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 31/10/2021 at 04:28, Perthbum said:

What a great tournament, anyone watching it in oz?

What time is the final being played in the UK?  I might watch if it's at the weekend.

14 hours ago, Bulya said:

They won’t 

Won't they?

Oh. They did.

• Like 2

Buy a man eat fish. The Day, Teach Man, to lifetime.      - Joe Biden.

2 hours ago, Parley said:

Won't they?

Oh. They did.

Win the toss, win the game. 11 from 12 so far.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Parley said:

Won't they?

Oh. They did.

Team that bats first lose 90% of the time, I am afraid who wins the toss wins the game due to the dew later on, shame England lost as I think they would have beat oz again

Drinking rum before 11am does not make you an alcoholic, it makes you pirate..

Just catching up on the overnight score - great result for Australia against the inform team of the tournament.

I just want PIO to be a happy place where people are nice to each other and unicorns poop rainbows

1 hour ago, Perthbum said:

Team that bats first lose 90% of the time, I am afraid who wins the toss wins the game due to the dew later on, shame England lost as I think they would have beat oz again

woulda, coulda, shoulda

4 hours ago, Parley said:

Won't they?

Oh. They did.

I read the write up of the match on the ABC and it sounds like it would have been quite exciting to watch.  Pakistan looked to be on for a win early on in the Australian innings but Stoinis and Wade pulled out the win.  You will get your New Zealand vs Australia final after all @Parley.  Will you stay up and watch it?

• Like 1

Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain but it takes character and self control to be understanding and forgiving.

Dale Carnegie – 1888-1955, Author and Lecturer

Is it on Free to Air? I wouldn't stay up for it but might watch it at a reasonable hour if there is a replay or i can record it.

I'd be happy for New Zealand to win too after they lost the 1 Day World Cup final on a terrible umpiring mistake.

15 hours ago, Parley said:

I'd be happy for New Zealand to win too after they lost the 1 Day World Cup final on a terrible umpiring mistake.

15 hours ago, Parley said:

woulda, coulda, shoulda

seems a pity to have to play the final in the middle of the night for the supporters of the world's best two teams. 

They may as well bring it forward by 6 hours and play at midday Dubai, not much difference in temperature.

• Like 1

On 12/11/2021 at 07:15, Bulya said:

Win the toss, win the game. 11 from 12 so far.  

Not great at admitting when you are wrong?

• Like 1

On 02/11/2021 at 04:52, Perthbum said:

Good game oz v england 

in hindsight that looks like a good victory for England against the world champions.

• Haha 1

On 31/10/2021 at 04:28, Perthbum said:

What a great tournament, anyone watching it in oz?

I'm sure you will join me in congratulating the new World Champions......Australia.

• Like 2
  • Congratulations 1

1 hour ago, Parley said:

I'm sure you will join me in congratulating the new World Champions......Australia.

Great result and fantastic partnership between Warner and Marsh.

• Like 2

I just want PIO to be a happy place where people are nice to each other and unicorns poop rainbows

3 hours ago, Parley said:

As most of you have said, you didn’t even know it was being played, who wins the toss wins the game, the only exception was when oz put England into bat when winning the toss and England beat them with 10 overs to spare 

10 hours ago, Perthbum said:

As most of you have said, you didn’t even know it was being played, who wins the toss wins the game, the only exception was when oz put England into bat when winning the toss and England beat them with 10 overs to spare 

I think a lot of Aussies hope that they'd win but had doubts going into the tournament with the poor form.  Adam Zampa was my man of the tournament rather than Warner.  England played exceptionally well to beat Australia but lost their next game when it mattered.   At the end of the day, it's getting through to the final and being the best team on the day.

11 hours ago, Perthbum said:

As most of you have said, you didn’t even know it was being played

I did pick up on the fact that when you started the post few showed any interest.  They appeared to either not know it was on, it was the wrong times,  only people that don’t like ‘real’ cricket watch it etc.   I’m sure it had nothing to do with them getting a bashing 🤔 and it suddenly became popular once Australia started doing well 🙂 

Still,  congratulations to Australia on a great win.  

6 hours ago, Tulip1 said:

I did pick up on the fact that when you started the post few showed any interest.  They appeared to either not know it was on, it was the wrong times,  only people that don’t like ‘real’ cricket watch it etc.   I’m sure it had nothing to do with them getting a bashing 🤔 and it suddenly became popular once Australia started doing well 🙂 

Most here wouldn’t have known it was on.  

7 hours ago, Tulip1 said:

Not everyone was reluctant. I called out my team (Australia) for being "flogged" and needing to return "back to the drawing board" after being easily beaten by England.  What a turn around since then.   I suspect that the Australian team had had enough of their coach, and simply coached themselves into believing they could win the tournament.

Well played David Warner and Mitch Marsh, and also Kane Williamson for New Zealand.   

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tulip1 said:

You didn't need to "pick up" on anything, you also, like Perthbum, watched bits of it and only posted halfway through the tournament after Australia lost a game  "Shane Warne says Australia will hopefully learn how they need to play after that smashing they copped from the poms’.  It's obvious what your intentions were....you thought Australia were out and wanted to gloat, which pretty much explains the desperate Perthbum's entire approach to life in general.

The truth is, its been on in the middle of the night here and nobody really gives two hoots about it.  But sometimes it's good to watch a foot slowly entering one's mouth and see if they have any grace whatsoever.   So thank you for the congratulations, not so much Perthbum who reverts straight back to a forward defence.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Dusty Plains said:

Not everyone was reluctant. I called out my team (Australia) for being "flogged" and needing to return "back to the drawing board" after being easily beaten by England.  What a turn around since then.   I suspect that the Australian team had had enough of their coach, and simply coached themselves into believing they could win the tournament.

Well played David Warner and Mitch Marsh, and also Kane Williamson for New Zealand.   

I realise not everyone was reluctant,  especially you.  You pointed out England had done well but for the most part, the interest in it seemed pretty much zero.  I do understand when your team is doing well your interest increases.  I was just responding to/backing up what Perthbum had said.  It wasn’t a dig, rather a light hearted comment about the sudden change of interest.  I did congratulate Australia which was genuine.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Perthbum said:

? I thought England won the toss and elected to field, if we're talking about the game on 30 October?

https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/icc-men-s-t20-world-cup-2021-22-1267897/australia-vs-england-26th-match-group-1-1273737/full-scorecard

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, GrandpaGrumble said:

? I thought England won the toss and elected to field, if we're talking about the game on 30 October?

https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/icc-men-s-t20-world-cup-2021-22-1267897/australia-vs-england-26th-match-group-1-1273737/full-scorecard

You are quite correct. Thanks for pointing out Perthbum's mistake.